London's nightlife district to be made disabled-friendly
February 17, 2018
Soho, which is a busy and happening part of Central London district will undergo major changes to make it accessible to the disabled. This includes features like lower access points so it is accessible to wheelchair and mobility scooter users.
The local municipal council has agreed to invest in improvements after years of campaigning by the disabled who have to struggle with the high pavements and uneven surfaces of the nightlife district.
The council has said that it will take steps to address these shortcomings by introducing a dropped kerb replacement programme.In the next four months changes will be made to 20 traffic junctions.
They are also looking for feedback from the public on how to make public roads accessible.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 People with disabilities must consider issues not propaganda - Dr B S Patil & Monika S Kshatriya
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News