His haircuts bring a smile to disabled kids & orphans
February 18, 2018
G Charan Kumar, a Visakhapatnam- based hairdresser is offering a unique and wonderful service to orphans and kids with disabilities. He gives them haircuts for free.
Charan Anna, as he is popularly know, even goes to schools to give haircuts. He decided to start doing this after he visited a blind school and found a child with a bleeding ear. He had got hurt while he was being given a haircut. He promised the child he would return to give him a proper haircut
He kept his promise and the look of joy on the kids' faces stayed with him. This is how he decided to give haircuts free of cost to orphaned and disabled kids. Charan Anna dedicates every Tuesday to visit orphanages, schools and homes for disabled kids to give them a makeover.
Charan Anna was forced to drop out of school when he was seven years old and started working at his uncle's salon. He did a professional course and set up his own hair studio in the city. He now has a group called Trendz, named after his salon, with a team of 15 hairdressers from other salons in the city to give a free makeover to these special children. His group has spread to Hyderabad and Mumbai where similar initiatives are being carried out by hairdresser teams.
His team has given haircuts to hundreds of kids. From fun spikes, short-crops to layered bouncy cuts, they give a complete makeover to the children and also explain to them about personal hygiene. He is now planning to host a fashion show with these children.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Why my dad's my superhero - Father's Day Tributes
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events June 13, 2019 Read for Mental Health
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News