Vadodara's royal family & public come to aid of Gujarat's deaf cricketers
February 19, 2018
Where the Gujarat government has failed, people have shown the way.
The team is currently training in Vadodara for the 8th National Cricket Tournament, and this has happened thanks to the support of local people. The team was to participate in a three-day camp at Vadodara from Saturday, but the Deaf Cricket Association Vadodara (DCAV) said it had no money and asked the captain of the deaf cricket team Imran Sheikh to arrange for their stay and food.
In a letter to Sheikh the association said that it was short of funds. Sheikh, who has limited financial means himself, started asking for help. The city did not disappoint him.
First, a member of the royal family Samarjitsinh Gaekwad allowed the cricketers to practice at the Motibaug cricket ground. Then a local builder Bharatsinh Sutreja prepared one of his large flats for the cricketers to stay.
When the government failed the players, the public stepped forward.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Sadhvi Thakur slapped with notice over statements
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Accessibility April 24, 2019 Accessible voting promise a sham says activist Arman Ali, shares experience on social media
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Delhi-based Coloured Zebra uses theatre for holistic growth
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Come, raise a toast to ability at the Sunshine Cafe in Mumbai
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Headlines April 23, 2019 Dhoni clocks highest ever IPL score
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News