New and stylish prosthetic covers to hit market
Say goodbye to Titatnium rods as prosthetic legs. Say hello to new and stylish prosthetic leg covers. In 2016, a Canadian designer company named Alleles came up with something new- prosthetic legs that looked more like art than titanium rods. Now, they are one of the most sought after products in the market, which is expected to enter India very soon.
Fashion photographer Jerris Madison had lost his legs due to bone cancer. Someone who was constantly behind fashion, Jerris was upset that he cannot be a part of fashion statements anymore. That is when Alleles sent him this new gift that changed his life!
45 year old Madison says that the new prosthetic leg covers were dazzling and colorful that he felt like he received a Christmas gift. It boosted his self-esteem. Earlier, people used to look at his prosthetic legs with sympathy. Now, they look at it with admiration and like a piece of art.
The product is currently being displayed at the Cooper Hewitt design museum in New York. Apart from prosthetic legs, walking sticks with colors of your choice, hearing aids, sneakers etc are showcased at the exhibition. More different products are expected to be made by the company soon.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News