New and stylish prosthetic covers to hit market
February 19, 2018
Say goodbye to Titatnium rods as prosthetic legs. Say hello to new and stylish prosthetic leg covers. In 2016, a Canadian designer company named Alleles came up with something new- prosthetic legs that looked more like art than titanium rods. Now, they are one of the most sought after products in the market, which is expected to enter India very soon.
Fashion photographer Jerris Madison had lost his legs due to bone cancer. Someone who was constantly behind fashion, Jerris was upset that he cannot be a part of fashion statements anymore. That is when Alleles sent him this new gift that changed his life!
45 year old Madison says that the new prosthetic leg covers were dazzling and colorful that he felt like he received a Christmas gift. It boosted his self-esteem. Earlier, people used to look at his prosthetic legs with sympathy. Now, they look at it with admiration and like a piece of art.
The product is currently being displayed at the Cooper Hewitt design museum in New York. Apart from prosthetic legs, walking sticks with colors of your choice, hearing aids, sneakers etc are showcased at the exhibition. More different products are expected to be made by the company soon.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Upcoming film 'Mental Hai Kya' starring Kangana, Rajkummar angers mental health experts
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News