This fashion blogger's wheelchair has become a style statement!
Fashion blogger Elsie Tellier is creating her own style, and this time, its with her wheelchair. Her customized wheelchair is something that no one can miss. Tellier, who posts regular updates on social networking sites about her fashion tips, put up a post recently saying she was a wheelchair user.
Tellier, a Harvard University student, says she uses social media to speak about her experiences with fashion and disability and how both can be connected.
She suffers from a condition called ‘cystic fibrosis’ that makes it difficult for her to walk. But she is not paralyzed. Hence, she uses the wheelchair, which is customized and is stylish in its own way.
Earlier, the fashion industry did not give many options to disabled people to explore their style. Now things have changed. Clothing brands have come up with stylish and different clothes for disabled people to explore.
Tellier recently tweeted that she always sits on her wheelchair and takes pictures because she used to feel ugly while on it. But now, she is trying to spread the message that even a wheelchair can be used as a fashion accessory.
Tellier's wheelchair is bright pink and is customized for her. She has had both its wheels painted. One is a mix of roses and ribbon, while the other wheel has shades of purple and blue.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
- Get-hooked February 9, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Deaf groups in Pune to protest against Maharashtra government's neglect of their needs
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 Annual Rendezvous event of Headway Foundation is an occasion to honour disabled achievers
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Misophonia
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News