India to host mega TB summit, PM Modi to inaugurate event
February 20, 2018
India is getting ready to host a huge event and the mega India TB Summit it is! The event that is organized by the government of India will witness many important guests taking part in it. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the event that will happen from the 13th to 16th of March.
Apart from the Prime Minister, Chief Ministers from all the states of the country have been invited for the event. WHO Secretary General Tedros Ghebreyesus is another main guest who will be present at the event apart from the ministers.
Tuberculosis is a disease that has been affecting India since a very long time. More than 1400 people are killed every day, and an approximate of 48,000 people dies every year due to TB. Some cases go undiagnosed and not treated. Some from the private sector are mostly not recorded. Many people do not have the access to medical facilities or the financial support to treat TB. This makes things even worse as a country.
There is a global TB elimination target for 2030 set by the World Health Organization. India plans to complete the target by 2025, at least 5 years before the world target.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines May 22, 2019 Vivek Oberoi deletes offensive tweet about Aishwarya, apologises
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Hi-tech hearing implants must be followed by rehab programmes say experts
- Headlines May 27, 2019 PM Modi to be sworn in on 30 May
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Meet the young adults with autism to get their fingers inked for the first time
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News