India to host mega TB summit, PM Modi to inaugurate event
February 20, 2018
India is getting ready to host a huge event and the mega India TB Summit it is! The event that is organized by the government of India will witness many important guests taking part in it. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the event that will happen from the 13th to 16th of March.
Apart from the Prime Minister, Chief Ministers from all the states of the country have been invited for the event. WHO Secretary General Tedros Ghebreyesus is another main guest who will be present at the event apart from the ministers.
Tuberculosis is a disease that has been affecting India since a very long time. More than 1400 people are killed every day, and an approximate of 48,000 people dies every year due to TB. Some cases go undiagnosed and not treated. Some from the private sector are mostly not recorded. Many people do not have the access to medical facilities or the financial support to treat TB. This makes things even worse as a country.
There is a global TB elimination target for 2030 set by the World Health Organization. India plans to complete the target by 2025, at least 5 years before the world target.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 "We all have a Javed Abidi inside us": Shameer Rishad talks about the Javed Abidi Foundation
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Headlines March 25, 2019 Death toll from Cyclone Idai in South Africa rises
- Get-hooked March 18, 2019 Nearly a month after Sambuddha Ghosh's death, family struggles for answers
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Rahul Gandhi PM Modi over chowkidaar campaign
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events March 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News