India to host mega TB summit, PM Modi to inaugurate event
February 20, 2018
India is getting ready to host a huge event and the mega India TB Summit it is! The event that is organized by the government of India will witness many important guests taking part in it. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the event that will happen from the 13th to 16th of March.
Apart from the Prime Minister, Chief Ministers from all the states of the country have been invited for the event. WHO Secretary General Tedros Ghebreyesus is another main guest who will be present at the event apart from the ministers.
Tuberculosis is a disease that has been affecting India since a very long time. More than 1400 people are killed every day, and an approximate of 48,000 people dies every year due to TB. Some cases go undiagnosed and not treated. Some from the private sector are mostly not recorded. Many people do not have the access to medical facilities or the financial support to treat TB. This makes things even worse as a country.
There is a global TB elimination target for 2030 set by the World Health Organization. India plans to complete the target by 2025, at least 5 years before the world target.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 12, 2019 Priyanka responds to criticism over tweet
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kuldeep Devendra Rawal wants to be a change maker using the power of music
- Headlines August 12, 2019 68 lives lost in Kerala floods
- Lifestyle August 14, 2019 Round necked kurtas for women for that elegant, festive look
- Headlines August 17, 2019 UN Security Council holds meeting about Kashmir
- Get-Hooked August 18, 2019 Kerala minister K K Shailaja steps in for deaf child affected in the floods
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News