Job tips for people with ADHD
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, ADHD, is a mental condition that as an impact on the social behaviour and ability to concentrate in some people. The disorder can make it challenging for some people to work in an office environment.
It is therefore important that people with ADHD find jobs that they feel comfortable in.
To look for a job, these steps could be helpful.
- Make a list of things that you love doing.
- List the things you are good at and have a talent for.
- Find a common ground between these, which means something you love to do and can get paid for.
- Look at other aspects like the amount of time you will spend traveling to work, the number of hours involved in a day, etc.
- Do not give up hope of finding a job that suits you.
- Finding a job that makes you happy and gets you excited about going to work should be the main concern when looking for a job.
Watch in Sign Language
- Career choices for people with autism
November 11, 2018
- Career options for people with learning disabilities
November 9, 2018
- Some tips to manage the workplace for adults with ADHD
October 30, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 8, 2018 Miss Deaf Asia Nishtha Dudeja credits her win to a fighting spirit, a Newz Hook exclusive
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Congress fields Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot in Rajasthan, no clarity on who will be CM
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Stephen Hawking's wheelchair & thesis fetch over $1 million at auction
- Education November 15, 2018 Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Actor Akshay Kumar says he never met self-styled god man Ram Rahim
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 Abhaya Care Foundation lends a helping hand to children with disabilities
- Education November 14, 2018 Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
- Get-hooked November 9, 2018 India takes the fight against leprosy to people's doorsteps
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Employment November 9, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018