Job tips for people with ADHD
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, ADHD, is a mental condition that as an impact on the social behaviour and ability to concentrate in some people. The disorder can make it challenging for some people to work in an office environment.
It is therefore important that people with ADHD find jobs that they feel comfortable in.
To look for a job, these steps could be helpful.
- Make a list of things that you love doing.
- List the things you are good at and have a talent for.
- Find a common ground between these, which means something you love to do and can get paid for.
- Look at other aspects like the amount of time you will spend traveling to work, the number of hours involved in a day, etc.
- Do not give up hope of finding a job that suits you.
Finding a job that makes you happy and gets you excited about going to work should be the main concern when looking for a job.
Watch in Sign Language
Support us to make NewzHook Sustainable – Make a Contribution Today
We need your continued support to enable us work towards Changing Attitudes towards Disability. Help us in our attempt to share the voices of people with disabilities that enable them to participate in the society on an equal footing!