No writers to help visually impaired students for exams
Annual exams are already here. While everybody is preparing to write their exams, the authorities are finding it hard to get people who can write exams for the visually impaired students this year. The Maharashtra government has banked in many writers, but that is not enough. Many visually impaired students are still finding it hard to get someone to write Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) exam for them.
Pearls of Vision organization, that works for children with special needs says that this is the first time that a state government is preparing a list of writers who will help children with special needs. Till now, 779 people have volunteered to write down the exams.
Ummehaani Bagasrawala, who is the founder of the organization, said that people need to be more sensitive towards this issue and come forward to help CWSN. Many students agree to write down the exam for visually impaired students, but in the last minute they do not turn up. Ummehaani said that one visually impaired student lost his academic year because the writer who promised to come did not turn up. Instead, asked for pay.
Ummehaani says that they do not know how to approach the bank of writers that the government has formed, and nobody knows about this bank of writers.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Disability Heroes - Neha Agarwal is opening corporate India’s eyes to the AB-ility in disability
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Top world celebs at Isha Ambani’s pre-wedding festivities
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 Understanding Auditory Processing Disorder (APD)
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018