Microsoft joins Be My Eyes app to offer support to blind users
The app Be My Eyes, which is a free smartphone app available on iOS and Android is enabling thousands of sighted volunteers in many countries help people who are blind or low vision carry out daily tasks like cooking, reading a letter, or directing them to catch a bus they want. The app facilitates these conversations by video.
When the team behind Be My Eyes noticed that volunteers were getting more technology-related requests, they decided to build a new feature called Specialized Help, which is available when one updates the app.
Microsoft is the first company to be highlighted in Specialized Help, and it gives Be My Eyes customers a direct connection to receive technical assistance from the Disability Answer Desk. This is a free consumer service for Microsoft’s customers with disabilities.
The app will work the same way, connecting customers through video. But instead of reaching out to volunteers, they can work directly with a member of the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk to get support on questions about their Microsoft product or service.
Through the new app update, customers in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Ireland, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, and the United States will be able to connect with the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk.
To download the free Be My Eyes app, visit the Apple iOS store or the Google Play store.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 13, 2019 Job Oriented Preparatory Workshop for persons with disabilities
- Parasports February 9, 2019 Aspiring wheelchair cricketers in Karnataka, here is your chance to shine
- Headlines February 12, 2019 Rajasthan Royals will wear pink this IPL season
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News