Microsoft joins Be My Eyes app to offer support to blind users
February 22, 2018
The app Be My Eyes, which is a free smartphone app available on iOS and Android is enabling thousands of sighted volunteers in many countries help people who are blind or low vision carry out daily tasks like cooking, reading a letter, or directing them to catch a bus they want. The app facilitates these conversations by video.
When the team behind Be My Eyes noticed that volunteers were getting more technology-related requests, they decided to build a new feature called Specialized Help, which is available when one updates the app.
Microsoft is the first company to be highlighted in Specialized Help, and it gives Be My Eyes customers a direct connection to receive technical assistance from the Disability Answer Desk. This is a free consumer service for Microsoft's customers with disabilities.
The app will work the same way, connecting customers through video. But instead of reaching out to volunteers, they can work directly with a member of the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk to get support on questions about their Microsoft product or service.
Through the new app update, customers in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Ireland, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, and the United States will be able to connect with the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk.
To download the free Be My Eyes app, visit the Apple iOS store or the Google Play store.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Events June 26, 2019 Sign Language Workshop
- Get-hooked June 23, 2019 Making a difference – Quick Tips for budding social entrepreneurs
- Accessibility June 26, 2019 Introduction of a wheelchair ramp might not be just what disability rights groups in Chennai asked for
- Accessibility June 24, 2019 Buttons 2 Button is an adaptive clothing idea straight from a mom's heart
- Education June 20, 2019 #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines June 21, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News