Microsoft joins Be My Eyes app to offer support to blind users
February 22, 2018
The app Be My Eyes, which is a free smartphone app available on iOS and Android is enabling thousands of sighted volunteers in many countries help people who are blind or low vision carry out daily tasks like cooking, reading a letter, or directing them to catch a bus they want. The app facilitates these conversations by video.
When the team behind Be My Eyes noticed that volunteers were getting more technology-related requests, they decided to build a new feature called Specialized Help, which is available when one updates the app.
Microsoft is the first company to be highlighted in Specialized Help, and it gives Be My Eyes customers a direct connection to receive technical assistance from the Disability Answer Desk. This is a free consumer service for Microsoft's customers with disabilities.
The app will work the same way, connecting customers through video. But instead of reaching out to volunteers, they can work directly with a member of the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk to get support on questions about their Microsoft product or service.
Through the new app update, customers in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Ireland, India, Malaysia, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Africa, and the United States will be able to connect with the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk.
To download the free Be My Eyes app, visit the Apple iOS store or the Google Play store.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Consider loss of internal organs as disability, orders Madras High Court
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 Shubhajit aims to enter history books as first double arm amputee to complete Bengaluru-Ladakh bike ride
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News