Blind Cricket Team positive about a BCCI recognition
The blind cricket team of India that recently won a world cup for their remarkable performance hopes that they will be recognized by the Board of Control for Cricket in India.
Indian blind cricket team captain Ajay Kumar Reddy, who was speaking at an event on Wednesday, expressed his hopes regarding this. The members of the blind cricket team had won the world cup and were felicitated on Wednesday by the Union Social Justice and Empowerment minister Thawar Chand Gehlot. That is when Ajay Kumar Reddy made this statement.
Ajay Kumar Reddy said that the organizers had a talk with the BCCI and they are positive about the feedback. The BCCI members had a discussion amongst themselves as well. Indian ace cricketer Sachin Tendulkar had also asked the BCCI to recognize the blind cricket team under the BCCI.
The Indian blind cricket team was formed in the year 1998. It is currently run by Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI), a venture that is supported by an NGO named ‘Samarthanam Trust’.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Get-hooked December 8, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Events December 12, 2018 Planet Abled Barrier Free Skiing Adventure 2019
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Society attitudes are a big threat for development of children with disabilities
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Disability Heroes - Neha Agarwal is opening corporate India’s eyes to the AB-ility in disability
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked December 8, 2018