National Deaf Cricket Tournament called off, players upset
February 23, 2018
The Eighth National Deaf Cricket Tournament that was supposed to happen in Ranchi this week has been postponed indefinitely as there is no ground available to play the matches. This has come as a huge disappointment to the teams from Gujarat and Jharkhand that were scheduled to play.
Coach Nitendra Singh says the decision to call the series off was communicated to them at the last minute. This has obviously come as a huge disappointment to the players, who have been practising intensively. The Jharkhand players had already gathered in Ranchi for the matches, while the Gujarat players were on their way
The deaf cricketers have had to battle a number of challenges right from the start. The Gujarat team captain, Imran Sheikh, had to raise funds from the public so players could buy tickets for Ranchi when the Deaf Cricket Association of Vadodara refused support.All those efforts have proven futile, and the players say they are disappointed.
They are all hoping that the next tournament in Jamshedpur in April will take place as scheduled.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Mumbaikar Karan Shahh honoured with Bharat Prerna Award 2019
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Archana Palahalli believes in facing odds with a smile
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Get-hooked June 13, 2019 Feeling body positive when you have a disability
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Dhoni gets government support on gloves issue
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 Delhi government failure to implement key RPWD Act provision sign of larger apathy
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News