Aruna and the Raging Sun
Internationally acclaimed performance companies Graeae (UK) and La Fura dels Baus (Spain) present “Aruna and the Raging Sun” a large-scale outdoor spectacle. This showcase is generously supported by Arts Council England, British Council, Wellcome Trust, Apollo Hospitals, Vidya Sagar, ArtSpire, Stray Factory and numerous disability charities, arts organisations and companies in Chennai.
This event is part of the final phase of British Council’s UK-India Year of Culture that aims to celebrate modern day India and inspire millions of young people to build a shared future.
The production includes 100 disabled and non-disabled performers including Chennai based performers and local residents to deliver one of the largest outdoor spectacle performances the city has ever seen, providing a huge cultural platform for the promotion of disabled artists and disability rights.
Featuring 20-metre-tall puppets, fireworks and jaw-dropping aerial performances; this tells the story of a disabled superhero helping humanity overcome the challenges of climate change. This astonishing event tells a story of empowerment, of prevailing against the odds, and of an epic battle to save the Earth.
To learn more about the show, click here - Largest stage show by disabled people to be held in Chennai
- Starts on: Saturday, 24 Feb 2018 at 06:30 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 24 Feb 2018 at 09:00 PM
- City: Chennai
- Location: Lady Willingdon Campus
- Event Charges: Free
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Organizer Name: Prakriti Foundation
- Organizer Phone: 044-66848506
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://prakritifoundation.com/aruna-raging-sun/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 15, 2019 Gujarat becomes first state to implement 10% reservation for general category
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Samanvai spreads smiles to lives of disabled people in Hyderabad
- Headlines January 15, 2019 Fans troll Virat for spending quality time with Anushka
- Headlines January 13, 2019 Banker-politician Meera Sanyal laid to rest
- Events January 11, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe
- Get-hooked January 15, 2019 Jisha’s journey with art is a story of determination, passion
- Accessibility January 10, 2019 Help The Blind Foundation is enabling people to reach new levels of excellence every day
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News