Aruna and the Raging Sun
Internationally acclaimed performance companies Graeae (UK) and La Fura dels Baus (Spain) present “Aruna and the Raging Sun” a large-scale outdoor spectacle. This showcase is generously supported by Arts Council England, British Council, Wellcome Trust, Apollo Hospitals, Vidya Sagar, ArtSpire, Stray Factory and numerous disability charities, arts organisations and companies in Chennai.
This event is part of the final phase of British Council’s UK-India Year of Culture that aims to celebrate modern day India and inspire millions of young people to build a shared future.
The production includes 100 disabled and non-disabled performers including Chennai based performers and local residents to deliver one of the largest outdoor spectacle performances the city has ever seen, providing a huge cultural platform for the promotion of disabled artists and disability rights.
Featuring 20-metre-tall puppets, fireworks and jaw-dropping aerial performances; this tells the story of a disabled superhero helping humanity overcome the challenges of climate change. This astonishing event tells a story of empowerment, of prevailing against the odds, and of an epic battle to save the Earth.
To learn more about the show, click here - Largest stage show by disabled people to be held in Chennai
- Starts on: Saturday, 24 Feb 2018 at 06:30 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 24 Feb 2018 at 09:00 PM
- City: Chennai
- Location: Lady Willingdon Campus
- Event Charges: Free
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Organizer Name: Prakriti Foundation
- Organizer Phone: 044-66848506
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://prakritifoundation.com/aruna-raging-sun/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 12, 2018 New study links high pollution levels to autism, findings a cause for concern for Indian parents
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Union Minister Ananth Kumar passes away at age of 59
- Accessibility November 13, 2018 This music teacher's video tutorials are bringing songs alive for people who are deaf & hard of hearing
- Technology November 12, 2018 Manovue glove opens doors to visually impaired people who do not know Braille
- Headlines November 17, 2018 Mithali Raj is highest T20I run scorer in India, beats Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma
- Headlines November 16, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer’s wedding pictures released
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 Help your child with autism sleep better
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events November 15, 2018
Events November 12, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News