Aruna and the Raging Sun
Internationally acclaimed performance companies Graeae (UK) and La Fura dels Baus (Spain) present "Aruna and the Raging Sun" a large-scale outdoor spectacle. This showcase is generously supported by Arts Council England, British Council, Wellcome Trust, Apollo Hospitals, Vidya Sagar, ArtSpire, Stray Factory and numerous disability charities, arts organisations and companies in Chennai.
This event is part of the final phase of British Council's UK-India Year of Culture that aims to celebrate modern day India and inspire millions of young people to build a shared future.
The production includes 100 disabled and non-disabled performers including Chennai based performers and local residents to deliver one of the largest outdoor spectacle performances the city has ever seen, providing a huge cultural platform for the promotion of disabled artists and disability rights.
Featuring 20-metre-tall puppets, fireworks and jaw-dropping aerial performances; this tells the story of a disabled superhero helping humanity overcome the challenges of climate change. This astonishing event tells a story of empowerment, of prevailing against the odds, and of an epic battle to save the Earth.
To learn more about the show, click here - Largest stage show by disabled people to be held in Chennai
- Starts on: Saturday, 24 Feb 2018 at 06:30 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 24 Feb 2018 at 09:00 PM
- City: Chennai
- Location: Lady Willingdon Campus
- Event Charges: Free
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Organizer Name: Prakriti Foundation
- Organizer Phone: 044-66848506
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://prakritifoundation.com/aruna-raging-sun/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Headlines March 24, 2019 Jet Airways suspends flights to 13 international routes
- Headlines March 21, 2019 All IPL 2019 matches will be played in India
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Mayawati will not contest 2019 general elections
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Congress leader Sam Pitroda questions airstrike in Balakot
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News