Aruna and the Raging Sun
Internationally acclaimed performance companies Graeae (UK) and La Fura dels Baus (Spain) present "Aruna and the Raging Sun" a large-scale outdoor spectacle. This showcase is generously supported by Arts Council England, British Council, Wellcome Trust, Apollo Hospitals, Vidya Sagar, ArtSpire, Stray Factory and numerous disability charities, arts organisations and companies in Chennai.
This event is part of the final phase of British Council's UK-India Year of Culture that aims to celebrate modern day India and inspire millions of young people to build a shared future.
The production includes 100 disabled and non-disabled performers including Chennai based performers and local residents to deliver one of the largest outdoor spectacle performances the city has ever seen, providing a huge cultural platform for the promotion of disabled artists and disability rights.
Featuring 20-metre-tall puppets, fireworks and jaw-dropping aerial performances; this tells the story of a disabled superhero helping humanity overcome the challenges of climate change. This astonishing event tells a story of empowerment, of prevailing against the odds, and of an epic battle to save the Earth.
To learn more about the show, click here - Largest stage show by disabled people to be held in Chennai
- Starts on: Saturday, 24 Feb 2018 at 06:30 AM
- Ends on: Saturday, 24 Feb 2018 at 09:00 PM
- City: Chennai
- Location: Lady Willingdon Campus
- Event Charges: Free
- Wheelchair Accessible: Yes
- Sign-Language Interpreter Available: Yes
- Organizer Name: Prakriti Foundation
- Organizer Phone: 044-66848506
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://prakritifoundation.com/aruna-raging-sun/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 14, 2019 Touch For Health Level 1
- Headlines August 12, 2019 Priyanka responds to criticism over tweet
- Headlines August 18, 2019 ‘Mission Mangal’ gets grand opening at box office
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Para shuttler Pramod Bhagat's Arjuna Award glory marred by lack of recognition for head coach
- Parasports August 15, 2019 India triumph at Physical Disability World Cricket Series, will BCCI finally take note?
- Parasports August 13, 2019 “Government apathy towards para sports demotivates us” - MyTake by Ebin Joseph
- Education August 12, 2019 Special Educators Forum-India demands separate national education policy for children with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News