Race for 7 : Rare Disease Awareness
Racefor7 is an awareness run organized by Organization For Rare Disease India (ORDI) – a team committed to address the challenges of rare disease patients and their families in India. Through Racefor7, we wish to raise awareness about rare diseases, to empower patients and their families with access to national and international resources!
Categories: -Students (6-18 years) -Regular participants -Rare disease patients
Rare diseases: They affect more people than the name suggests. In fact 1 out of 20 Indians. Among these, 50% are children; sadder still, most of them die before their fifth birthday due to lack of appropriate medical intervention. The scenario worsens due to lack of early diagnosis along with expensive treatment options, which pose major hurdles in rare disease management. But the race against the rare diseases is gaining momentum. As per record, more than 7000 rare diseases have been documented so far.
Come join us and be part of Racefor7!
- Starts on: Sunday, 25 Feb 2018 at 06:30 AM
- Ends on: Sunday, 25 Feb 2018 at 09:30 AM
- City: Mumbai
- Location: Behind, We Work Ground Bandra Kurla Complex
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Registration Link
- Organizer Name: Organization For Rare Diseases India
- Organizer Phone: 8892555000
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://ordindia.org/
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Headlines November 8, 2018 PM Modi spends Diwali at Kedarnath, meets soldiers on India-China border
- Headlines November 10, 2018 Vijay’s ‘Sarkar’ enters Rs 100 Crore club amidst controversies
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Air India pilot found drunk before flight
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Congress fields Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot in Rajasthan, no clarity on who will be CM
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Deepika and Ranveer want wedding guests to donate to charity
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Actor Akshay Kumar says he never met self-styled god man Ram Rahim
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Events November 8, 2018
Events November 15, 2018
Events November 12, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018