Race for 7 : Rare Disease Awareness
Racefor7 is an awareness run organized by Organization For Rare Disease India (ORDI) – a team committed to address the challenges of rare disease patients and their families in India. Through Racefor7, we wish to raise awareness about rare diseases, to empower patients and their families with access to national and international resources!
Categories: -Students (6-18 years) -Regular participants -Rare disease patients
Rare diseases: They affect more people than the name suggests. In fact 1 out of 20 Indians. Among these, 50% are children; sadder still, most of them die before their fifth birthday due to lack of appropriate medical intervention. The scenario worsens due to lack of early diagnosis along with expensive treatment options, which pose major hurdles in rare disease management. But the race against the rare diseases is gaining momentum. As per record, more than 7000 rare diseases have been documented so far.
Come join us and be part of Racefor7!
- Starts on: Sunday, 25 Feb 2018 at 06:30 AM
- Ends on: Sunday, 25 Feb 2018 at 09:30 AM
- City: Mumbai
- Location: Behind, We Work Ground Bandra Kurla Complex
- Event Charges: Paid
- Venue Accessibility: Contact Organizer
- Registration Link
- Organizer Name: Organization For Rare Diseases India
- Organizer Phone: 8892555000
- Organizer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizer Website: http://ordindia.org/