French dancer brings a novel performance with disabled people to Hyderabad
February 24, 2018
Art lovers in Hyderabad are talking about an exciting performance staged in their city this week. The show was called 'Weight of Joy' and was choreographed by Eric Languet, a well known dancer from France. The event was part of the third edition of 'Bonjour India', an event held by Alliance Francaise.
The show was a collaboration of four Indians and four Europeans. Two of the performers were deaf.Languet has been doing performances for the last 14 years with disabled people. He says he loves to explore new ways of creating art. He started including disabled dancers in his shows after he met a dancer named David Toole, who happened to be disabled.
Languet also holds many workshops for disabled people people in France and India. As a full-time dancer for the past 30 years, he has explored different forms of dance.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Bengal doctors' protest spreads to other cities
- Parasports June 18, 2019 ‘Keep striving until you achieve your goals’- My take by Vysakh SR
- Get-hooked June 19, 2019 At this Chennai grocery shop, people with autism show their skills at customer service
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 Tyre maker Goodyear partners with NAB to conduct road safety training in Delhi for blind people
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News