French dancer brings a novel performance with disabled people to Hyderabad
Art lovers in Hyderabad are talking about an exciting performance staged in their city this week. The show was called 'Weight of Joy' and was choreographed by Eric Languet, a well known dancer from France. The event was part of the third edition of ‘Bonjour India’, an event held by Alliance Francaise.
The show was a collaboration of four Indians and four Europeans. Two of the performers were deaf.Languet has been doing performances for the last 14 years with disabled people. He says he loves to explore new ways of creating art. He started including disabled dancers in his shows after he met a dancer named David Toole, who happened to be disabled.
Languet also holds many workshops for disabled people people in France and India. As a full-time dancer for the past 30 years, he has explored different forms of dance.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Teen art prodigy Ansh's stunning watercolours show maturity, individuality
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Get-hooked February 13, 2019 Disabled people are routine targets of abuse by Indian politicians despite laws banning this
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News