French dancer brings a novel performance with disabled people to Hyderabad
February 24, 2018
Art lovers in Hyderabad are talking about an exciting performance staged in their city this week. The show was called 'Weight of Joy' and was choreographed by Eric Languet, a well known dancer from France. The event was part of the third edition of 'Bonjour India', an event held by Alliance Francaise.
The show was a collaboration of four Indians and four Europeans. Two of the performers were deaf.Languet has been doing performances for the last 14 years with disabled people. He says he loves to explore new ways of creating art. He started including disabled dancers in his shows after he met a dancer named David Toole, who happened to be disabled.
Languet also holds many workshops for disabled people people in France and India. As a full-time dancer for the past 30 years, he has explored different forms of dance.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Sadhvi Pragya retracts remark about 26/11 martyr
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News