Researchers develop new artificial eye
Researchers have developed an artificial eye to help correction of blurry images. This adaptive metalens is flat and electronically controlled. This new found artificial eye will help in detecting astigmatism, makes focussing correct and helps in image shift as well.
The study on artificial eye was published in the Journal Science Advances. It focuses on the importance and benefits of an embedded optical zoom and autofocus for variety of applications that includes mobile phones, eyeglasses etc.
Earlier, metalenses were the size of a single piece of glitter. They focussed on light and also helped in eliminating spherical aberrations through a dense pattern of nanostructures. In order to build the artificial eye, researchers had to scale up metalens.
According to researchers, this newly found lens can simultaneously focus, control aberrations caused by astigmatisms, as well as perform image shift.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 16, 2018 Over 70 cases of Zika virus reported in Rajasthan
- Parasports October 15, 2018 Top sports brand Nike's move to sign up athlete with cerebral palsy hailed
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Amitabh Bachchan to repay loan worth ₹5.5 crore for 850 farmers
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News