Some lesser known facts about the iconic actress Sridevi
Bollywood actress Sridevi passed away at a young age of 54 years and left millions of her fans grieving.
As the nation mourns the loss of the loved actor, her body is yet to arrive back in India for the last rites.
The gorgeous and talented actress was known for her versatile and impeccable style of acting and dancing.
Sridevi is said to be the first female superstar of the Indian film industry and achieved tremendous success in her career.
Here are some lesser known facts about the exceptional actress.
- Sridevi started working at a tender age of 4 years and appeared as a child artist in the movie Thunaivan in 1969.
- Sridevi was named Shree Amma Yanger Ayyapan on birth, by her parents. She took up her screen name Sridevi, in later years.
- Although she worked with most of the male stars of the film industry, her pairing opposite Anil Kapoor remained the favourite among the audience. They worked together in 13 movies and most were very successful such as Mr India, Lamhe, Laadla, Judaai. Sridevi also did 16 films with actor Jeetendra.
- In 1993, Sridevi was offered a role in the film Jurassic Park by Hollywood director Steven Spielberg, but she refused the role.
- Initially her Hindi dialogues in several Hindi movies were dubbed by actor Rekha as Sridevi was not very proficient in the Hindi language.
- When she was just 13 years old, Sridevi played the role of Rajinikanth’s stepmother in Moondru Mudichu (Tamil film from 1976).