Telangana's champion blind cricketer gets recognition
In a wonderful gesture, the 10 team owners of the Telangana T20 League presented a check of Rs 10 lakh to the Telangana's champion blind cricketer Mahender Vaishnav.
Vaishnav was part of the Indian team that won the fifth Blind Cricket World Cup recently. The check was presented to him by State Minister T. Harish Rao, badminton stars P. V. Sindhu and Keshav Rao after the TTL final.
Vaishnav is the only player from Telangana to play for India.. He is an all-rounder and the only player to take five wickets for India. He has played in 45 one day internationals and 30 T20 matches.
Vaishnav is a B1 (fully blind) category player. He works as a deputy manager at the State Bank of India.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 11, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility January 10, 2019 Kerala government’s barrier-free tourism project reaches halfway mark
- Headlines January 13, 2019 Ranbir, Alia to get engaged this year
- Accessibility January 15, 2019 Gujarat National Law University sets up Enabling Unit for disabled students
- Get-hooked January 11, 2019 Former blind cricket captain Shekhar Naik's special gesture for homeless people
- Events January 14, 2019 Deaf Festival 2019
- Get-hooked January 13, 2019 Jewel autism centre is truly a gem when it comes to early intervention, diagnosis
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News