Telangana's champion blind cricketer gets recognition
February 28, 2018
In a wonderful gesture, the 10 team owners of the Telangana T20 League presented a check of Rs 10 lakh to the Telangana's champion blind cricketer Mahender Vaishnav.
Vaishnav was part of the Indian team that won the fifth Blind Cricket World Cup recently. The check was presented to him by State Minister T. Harish Rao, badminton stars P. V. Sindhu and Keshav Rao after the TTL final.
Vaishnav is the only player from Telangana to play for India.. He is an all-rounder and the only player to take five wickets for India. He has played in 45 one day internationals and 30 T20 matches.
Vaishnav is a B1 (fully blind) category player. He works as a deputy manager at the State Bank of India.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Pune centre builds awareness, stands up to the stigma around schizophrenia
- Headlines May 20, 2019 Mamata's nephew sends defamation notice to PM
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Bollywood actors hail PM Modi for historic win
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News