Kerala will be India's 1st state to supply Braille textbooks to blind students
In a much welcomed step, Kerala's Education Minister C. Ravindranath has said that Braille textbooks for blind and visually-impaired students will be distributed from the academic year of 2018. This will make Kerala India's first state to supply Braille textbooks in schools.
Schools to promote greater inclusion
The minister also said that there will be changes in the teaching methods to bring disabled students into the mainstream. Schools will be made high-tech to enable deaf and hearing-impaired children to gain knowledge through images and representations.
Facilities will also be improved in the high school, higher secondary and vocational higher secondary sections of the Government Vocational Higher Secondary School for the Deaf in Jagathy to achieve this aim.
He said that local self-government institutions, teaching and non-teaching staff, and parents must join hands to enable disabled students to overcome their difficulties.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 14, 2019 IndiGo cancels 30 flights, more to follow
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Events February 14, 2019 Special Day Outing For Special Families
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Kashmir attack - Pakistan under pressure to end support to terror groups
- Get-hooked February 11, 2019 Valentine’s Day plans - NewzHook readers share some ideas
- Events February 14, 2019 Medical Camp - Children with Disability & Mental Health Problems
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019