Kerala will be India's 1st state to supply Braille textbooks to blind students
February 28, 2018
In a much welcomed step, Kerala's Education Minister C. Ravindranath has said that Braille textbooks for blind and visually-impaired students will be distributed from the academic year of 2018. This will make Kerala India's first state to supply Braille textbooks in schools.
Schools to promote greater inclusion
The minister also said that there will be changes in the teaching methods to bring disabled students into the mainstream. Schools will be made high-tech to enable deaf and hearing-impaired children to gain knowledge through images and representations.
Facilities will also be improved in the high school, higher secondary and vocational higher secondary sections of the Government Vocational Higher Secondary School for the Deaf in Jagathy to achieve this aim.
He said that local self-government institutions, teaching and non-teaching staff, and parents must join hands to enable disabled students to overcome their difficulties.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Pragya Thakur sparks controversy with her statements, gets court notice
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Technology April 18, 2019 #TechThursdays - Smartphone-based therapy & hearing aid could prove a game changer for the deaf community
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 World Hemophilia Day 2019 aims for outreach & identification
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 'Mental hai kya': Sensational & STIGMA MULTIPLIES? - My take by Dr Harish Shetty
- Headlines April 20, 2019 Mulayam Singh Yadav, Mayawati share dais at Uttar Pradesh
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News