Kerala will be India's 1st state to supply Braille textbooks to blind students
February 28, 2018
In a much welcomed step, Kerala's Education Minister C. Ravindranath has said that Braille textbooks for blind and visually-impaired students will be distributed from the academic year of 2018. This will make Kerala India's first state to supply Braille textbooks in schools.
Schools to promote greater inclusion
The minister also said that there will be changes in the teaching methods to bring disabled students into the mainstream. Schools will be made high-tech to enable deaf and hearing-impaired children to gain knowledge through images and representations.
Facilities will also be improved in the high school, higher secondary and vocational higher secondary sections of the Government Vocational Higher Secondary School for the Deaf in Jagathy to achieve this aim.
He said that local self-government institutions, teaching and non-teaching staff, and parents must join hands to enable disabled students to overcome their difficulties.
Watch in Sign Language
- #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
June 20, 2019
- Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
June 19, 2019
- Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 19, 2019 Tamil Nadu set to rock the National Wheelchair Basketball Championship
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Headlines June 18, 2019 Doctors call off strike after meeting with Mamata Banerjee
- Education June 19, 2019 Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Headlines June 20, 2019 Chennai hit by worst water crisis
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Accessibility June 17, 2019 New foldable ramp at Chennai buses get mixed response
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Acid attack survivors hope SRK's support will lend greater focus to their campaign
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News