Kerala will be India's 1st state to supply Braille textbooks to blind students
In a much welcomed step, Kerala's Education Minister C. Ravindranath has said that Braille textbooks for blind and visually-impaired students will be distributed from the academic year of 2018. This will make Kerala India's first state to supply Braille textbooks in schools.
Schools to promote greater inclusion
The minister also said that there will be changes in the teaching methods to bring disabled students into the mainstream. Schools will be made high-tech to enable deaf and hearing-impaired children to gain knowledge through images and representations.
Facilities will also be improved in the high school, higher secondary and vocational higher secondary sections of the Government Vocational Higher Secondary School for the Deaf in Jagathy to achieve this aim.
He said that local self-government institutions, teaching and non-teaching staff, and parents must join hands to enable disabled students to overcome their difficulties.
Watch in Sign Language
- Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
December 14, 2018
- Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
December 14, 2018
- Tips to help children with dyscalculia
December 7, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility December 10, 2018 Fact check by disability advocacy group on voting day in Rajasthan throws up gaps in accessible election promises
- Technology December 17, 2018 Microsoft introduces real-time captions and translations to Skype and PowerPoint
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 This Mumbai sports academy for disabled kids brings a spring to the steps & a smile
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Headlines December 16, 2018 13 miners in Meghalaya feared dead, search operations on
- Accessibility December 17, 2018 Travel in Goa becomes accessible thanks to Ezy Mov, the wheelchair taxi service
- Employment December 11, 2018 Learn sign language over a cuppa at this Jodhpur cafe
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Some benefits of yoga for children with autism
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018