This 13-year-old hearing impaired national champion in rifle shooting rarely misses the mark
February 28, 2018
Natasha Joshi, a 13-year-old who is hearing impaired, is showing time and again that disability is not a hurdle when it comes to aiming for the stars. Currently Natasha is a national gold medallist in rifle shooting in the under-14 years category. She is eyeing nothing less than gold for India in the Special Olympics.
Natasha was diagnosed with a hearing impairment when she was less than two years old. Her parents were determined not to let this affect her dreams.
It was hard to remain positive given the many barriers Natasha faced just because she is hearing impaired. Her parents struggled to get her admitted into a good school. Most schools rejected her because she was hearing impaired. They thought her presence would affect the progress of other students.
Stigma and barriers that Natasha was able to tackle thanks to the unconditional love and support from her parents and others around her.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 19, 2019 Heavy rains bring down temperatures in Delhi
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Education August 24, 2019 CBSE Bareilly topper Mahima Shah appeals to PMO, Amit Shah to intervene in admission deadlock
- Parasports August 20, 2019 “Never give up, live life to the fullest”- My Take by triple amputee & Trekker Sekhar Goud
- Events August 21, 2019 Workshop on Nayi Disha Resource Library
- Get-Hooked August 25, 2019 South Korea’s Duckhee is 1st deaf tennis player to win men's professional tournament
- Technology August 22, 2019 #TechThursdays – Kibo XS, world’s 1st intelligent personalised scanning & reading companion
- Headlines August 26, 2019 Arun Jaitley cremated with full state honours
- Accessibility August 25, 2019 Blind student in Delhi threatened & robbed, Delhi Police slammed for failure to respond
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News