This 13-year-old hearing impaired national champion in rifle shooting rarely misses the mark
Natasha Joshi, a 13-year-old who is hearing impaired, is showing time and again that disability is not a hurdle when it comes to aiming for the stars. Currently Natasha is a national gold medallist in rifle shooting in the under-14 years category. She is eyeing nothing less than gold for India in the Special Olympics.
Natasha was diagnosed with a hearing impairment when she was less than two years old. Her parents were determined not to let this affect her dreams.
It was hard to remain positive given the many barriers Natasha faced just because she is hearing impaired. Her parents struggled to get her admitted into a good school. Most schools rejected her because she was hearing impaired. They thought her presence would affect the progress of other students.
Stigma and barriers that Natasha was able to tackle thanks to the unconditional love and support from her parents and others around her.
Watch in Sign Language
- Mumbai to host first national throwball & swimming camp this week
October 23, 2018
- India whitewash Sri Lanka, win T20 series 5-0
October 23, 2018
- India take on Sri Lanka in 5th & final match of T20 blind cricket series today
October 22, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Air quality in Delhi dips to very poor, emergency meeting held
- Accessibility October 22, 2018 Making gardening fun for wheelchair users
- Get-hooked October 23, 2018 Check out these fun indoor games for children with autism
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Jio Diwali Dhamaka Offer brings yearlong free calling for just 1699
- Parasports October 22, 2018 India take on Sri Lanka in 5th & final match of T20 blind cricket series today
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Sudeep Shukla, India's first deaf MLA candidate looks forward to making history
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports October 18, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News