This 13-year-old hearing impaired national champion in rifle shooting rarely misses the mark
February 28, 2018
Natasha Joshi, a 13-year-old who is hearing impaired, is showing time and again that disability is not a hurdle when it comes to aiming for the stars. Currently Natasha is a national gold medallist in rifle shooting in the under-14 years category. She is eyeing nothing less than gold for India in the Special Olympics.
Natasha was diagnosed with a hearing impairment when she was less than two years old. Her parents were determined not to let this affect her dreams.
It was hard to remain positive given the many barriers Natasha faced just because she is hearing impaired. Her parents struggled to get her admitted into a good school. Most schools rejected her because she was hearing impaired. They thought her presence would affect the progress of other students.
Stigma and barriers that Natasha was able to tackle thanks to the unconditional love and support from her parents and others around her.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Headlines May 18, 2019 Irfan signs up for Carribean Premier League players draft
- Parasports May 22, 2019 Para swimmers to battle sharks, icy waters in Catalina Channel, aim for Ocean Seven challenge
- Headlines May 16, 2019 Violence in West Bengal over vandalising of iconic statue
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Madras High Court bench slams Medical Council of India guidelines as biased against disabled medical aspirants
- Employment May 17, 2019 La-Monnaie Skills enables disabled youth to flower into resourceful, contributing citizens
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Huge turnout for #MenToo protests held in Delhi
- Events May 16, 2019 Na Main Na Hain
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News