This 13-year-old hearing impaired national champion in rifle shooting rarely misses the mark
Natasha Joshi, a 13-year-old who is hearing impaired, is showing time and again that disability is not a hurdle when it comes to aiming for the stars. Currently Natasha is a national gold medallist in rifle shooting in the under-14 years category. She is eyeing nothing less than gold for India in the Special Olympics.
Natasha was diagnosed with a hearing impairment when she was less than two years old. Her parents were determined not to let this affect her dreams.
It was hard to remain positive given the many barriers Natasha faced just because she is hearing impaired. Her parents struggled to get her admitted into a good school. Most schools rejected her because she was hearing impaired. They thought her presence would affect the progress of other students.
Stigma and barriers that Natasha was able to tackle thanks to the unconditional love and support from her parents and others around her.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility January 22, 2019 From ground up to policy level, Multiple Sclerosis Society of India speaks for patients
- Parasports January 24, 2019 Over 200 chess players sign up for annual tournament in Hyderabad
- Events January 22, 2019 9th Hydrabad Fide Rating Chess Tournament for Visually Challenged, 2019
- Get-hooked January 22, 2019 Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
- Headlines January 18, 2019 Navy divers find second body in Meghalaya mine
- Parasports January 17, 2019 Kerala government move to hold marathon with disabled category welcomed
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Benefit Cosmetics' move to feature model with Down syndrome as ambassador gets a big thumbs up
- Headlines January 23, 2019 PM Modi’s gifts to be auctioned for Ganga
- Headlines January 22, 2019 WhatsApp forwards now limited
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News