Teenager with Asperger syndrome creates the most amazing maps
Matej Hosek is in love with maps. And his love knows no boundaries. Such is his love that this 13-year-old boy with Asperger's syndrome is creating some remarkably sophisticated maps!
Matej’s mother Michaela Hoskova thinks that her son's extraordinary talent is God-given, especially given his disability. Matej had a bad childhood and he would spend most of his time crying miserably. His entire family, including younger sister Sofia, would face cruel comments from neighbours. They would bang on their walls and get angry with the family after hearing Matej's cries.
It was during one such episode that Michaela gave Matej a map to stop him from crying. The approach worked and led him to discover this passion.
Soon, the young boy started to ask for trams and underground in order to get hold of maps. Matej drew an imaginary underground map for the Welsh capital. Soon, he drew other cities and the metro plans improved.
Kids who suffer from Asperger's syndrome have problems with verbal communication, but they can understand things from pictures. Matej needs an assistant in school as he suffers from depression and anxiety. But give him a map, and those blues disappear!
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 12, 2018 Cyclonic storm lashes coasts of Tamil Nadu, south Andhra
- Get-hooked November 11, 2018 Stephen Hawking's wheelchair & thesis fetch over $1 million at auction
- Get-hooked November 17, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Multiple Disabilities
- Get-hooked November 13, 2018 "It was like the whole universe came together" - My Take by Ruma Roka, founder, Noida Deaf Society
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Union Minister Ananth Kumar passes away at age of 59
- Parasports November 15, 2018 Mumbai to play host to second wheelchair basketball camp in November
- Headlines November 11, 2018 ‘Thugs of Hindostan’ crosses Rs 50 crore on first day of release
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked November 13, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News