AIIMS Rishikesh accused of discrimination against disabled people
February 28, 2018
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences -AIIMS Rishikesh, in Uttarakhand, has been accused of discriminating against people with disabilities.
Dr Nitesh Kumar Tripathi, a disabled doctor from Delhi and disability rights activist Dr Satendra Kumar have alleged that the hospital is not hiring people with disabilities.
Dr Tripathi and Dr Kumar have submitted a written complaint to the chief commissioner for persons with disabilities in Delhi.
They have also written to the Union health minister J P Nadda in this regard.
They claim that AIIMS in Rishikesh has been violating the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPWD) Act, 2016.
The act provides for at least 4% of the total number of vacancies in government institutes to be reserved for disabled people.
As per reports, in a recruitment advertisement for 223 faculty posts released by the institute on 24 February 2018, no vacancies for disabled people are mentioned.
Previous recruitment advertisements for various posts at the hospital also failed to mention the posts reserved for people with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports June 13, 2019 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines June 16, 2019 World Cup: India vs Pakistan today
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Headlines June 10, 2019 Maldives confers Modi with highest honour
- Headlines June 13, 2019 Gujarat on high alert for cyclone
- Events June 13, 2019 Own Your Life- Session for Parents
- Headlines June 14, 2019 India Vs New Zealand abandoned due to rain
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan out of World Cup due to injury
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Mamata Banerjee accepts demands of protesting doctors
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News