AIIMS Rishikesh accused of discrimination against disabled people
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences -AIIMS Rishikesh, in Uttarakhand, has been accused of discriminating against people with disabilities.
Dr Nitesh Kumar Tripathi, a disabled doctor from Delhi and disability rights activist Dr Satendra Kumar have alleged that the hospital is not hiring people with disabilities.
Dr Tripathi and Dr Kumar have submitted a written complaint to the chief commissioner for persons with disabilities in Delhi.
They have also written to the Union health minister J P Nadda in this regard.
They claim that AIIMS in Rishikesh has been violating the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPWD) Act, 2016.
The act provides for at least 4% of the total number of vacancies in government institutes to be reserved for disabled people.
As per reports, in a recruitment advertisement for 223 faculty posts released by the institute on 24 February 2018, no vacancies for disabled people are mentioned.
Previous recruitment advertisements for various posts at the hospital also failed to mention the posts reserved for people with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- Program by DFID-UK, SCPwD & National Star College-UK equips trainers with strategies to promote workplace inclusion
February 10, 2019
- Workshop on disability confidence at the workplace sees frank exchange of ideas
February 4, 2019
- Latest study points out only 36% of disabled people in India are employed
February 4, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Sports must be an integral part in lives of people with disabilities. Here is why.
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Outsider Art at the Kochi Muziris Biennale opens doors to people with autism
- Parasports February 18, 2019 Chessbase India bats for disabled players at a time when official support is hard to come by
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Parasports February 12, 2019 Indian disabled cricket team gets invite from Pakistan
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Accessibility February 18, 2019 Kozhikode Art Gallery under fire for blocking access to wheelchair users
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines February 14, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019