AIIMS Rishikesh accused of discrimination against disabled people
February 28, 2018
The All India Institute of Medical Sciences -AIIMS Rishikesh, in Uttarakhand, has been accused of discriminating against people with disabilities.
Dr Nitesh Kumar Tripathi, a disabled doctor from Delhi and disability rights activist Dr Satendra Kumar have alleged that the hospital is not hiring people with disabilities.
Dr Tripathi and Dr Kumar have submitted a written complaint to the chief commissioner for persons with disabilities in Delhi.
They have also written to the Union health minister J P Nadda in this regard.
They claim that AIIMS in Rishikesh has been violating the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (RPWD) Act, 2016.
The act provides for at least 4% of the total number of vacancies in government institutes to be reserved for disabled people.
As per reports, in a recruitment advertisement for 223 faculty posts released by the institute on 24 February 2018, no vacancies for disabled people are mentioned.
Previous recruitment advertisements for various posts at the hospital also failed to mention the posts reserved for people with disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
- #AutismPower - SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
April 4, 2019
- Kerala government’s Kaivalya Project yet to take off, disability rights groups disappointed
March 18, 2019
- Saarathee's employees are showing India that disability is just a matter of perception
March 11, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 21, 2019 Pandya, Rahul fined for sexist comments on TV show
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 #AutismPower - Five takeaways from a run with Varun Sawant by Vineet Saraiwala
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Headlines April 19, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News