The Aira app enables the blind to perform daily tasks smoothly
February 28, 2018
A new app called Aira has been developed for the blind and vision impaired to make daily living easier.
The app will guide people who are blind or vision impaired perform daily tasks with the help of remote operators. A sighted agent, located remotely, will be connected to the users through a camera. This will enable users to know what is going on around them. The app is named Aira app by the creators.
The camera is connected to advanced wireless glasses. These are hooked up with a network of trained human professionals. They will help the blind and vision impaired do their daily tasks with ease.
That includes tasks like buying a greeting card or even running a marathon! This new Aira app is changing the lives of blind and vision impaired people.
Aira app has been created as part of the campaign #caseforchange. The campaign highlights the stories of people who have been enabled thanks to technology.
Many blind and vision impaired people say that the app has changed their lives. Like Erich in New Engalnd, who says that he was struggling to lose some weight. This new app has helped him achieve that goal.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-Hooked August 14, 2019 Inclusive art festival aims to uncover new opportunities for Bengaluru residents
- Events August 14, 2019 Traffic Awareness By Physically Challenged Friends
- Parasports August 16, 2019 Victorious India Divyang Cricket Team to land in Mumbai tomorrow
- Events August 14, 2019 Adolescent Training and Sex Education Workshop
- Headlines August 16, 2019 Virat Kohli sets new record
- Headlines August 12, 2019 Curfew in Srinagar, people told to stay home
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Angry reactions to Mika Singh's performance in Karachi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News