The Aira app enables the blind to perform daily tasks smoothly
February 28, 2018
A new app called Aira has been developed for the blind and vision impaired to make daily living easier.
The app will guide people who are blind or vision impaired perform daily tasks with the help of remote operators. A sighted agent, located remotely, will be connected to the users through a camera. This will enable users to know what is going on around them. The app is named Aira app by the creators.
The camera is connected to advanced wireless glasses. These are hooked up with a network of trained human professionals. They will help the blind and vision impaired do their daily tasks with ease.
That includes tasks like buying a greeting card or even running a marathon! This new Aira app is changing the lives of blind and vision impaired people.
Aira app has been created as part of the campaign #caseforchange. The campaign highlights the stories of people who have been enabled thanks to technology.
Many blind and vision impaired people say that the app has changed their lives. Like Erich in New Engalnd, who says that he was struggling to lose some weight. This new app has helped him achieve that goal.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 #AutismPower - Mumbai's Cafe Arpan is brewing a change, along with great coffee
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 14, 2019 This programme claims to empower kids with developmental disorders through virtual training
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News