The Aira app enables the blind to perform daily tasks smoothly
A new app called Aira has been developed for the blind and vision impaired to make daily living easier.
The app will guide people who are blind or vision impaired perform daily tasks with the help of remote operators. A sighted agent, located remotely, will be connected to the users through a camera. This will enable users to know what is going on around them. The app is named Aira app by the creators.
The camera is connected to advanced wireless glasses. These are hooked up with a network of trained human professionals. They will help the blind and vision impaired do their daily tasks with ease.
That includes tasks like buying a greeting card or even running a marathon! This new Aira app is changing the lives of blind and vision impaired people.
Aira app has been created as part of the campaign #caseforchange. The campaign highlights the stories of people who have been enabled thanks to technology.
Many blind and vision impaired people say that the app has changed their lives. Like Erich in New Engalnd, who says that he was struggling to lose some weight. This new app has helped him achieve that goal.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Parasports February 13, 2019 Para sports champs Neeraj & Sajesh make history, climb Karnataka’s 3rd highest peak
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News