Participation of India's physically disabled cricketers in 1st world cup looks uncertain
March 1, 2018
India's physically disabled cricketers may not take part in the first World Championship for this category to be held in 2019 in England.
There is uncertainty because India's physically disabled cricketers are not affiliated with the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
The England & Wales Cricket Board (ECB) is hosting the event between 16 to 31 July 2019. The BCCI has to confirm India's participation in the World Cup for the physically challenged by the end of 2018.
The head of the ECB has written an email to BCCI, the All India Cricket Association for the Physically Challenged (AICAPC), and the Physically Challenged Cricket Association of India (PCCAI) about this matter.
In the email, the ECB head has said that as per the rules, each team that takes part has to be a representative of the national cricket board. The ECB has written to the heads of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh cricket boards seeking their confirmation.
No disability wing in Indian Cricket Board
Except for the BCCI, the three cricket boards Afghanistan, Pakistan and Bangladesh have a wing for disability cricket. The BCCI had held some meetings with the physically challenged cricket associations asking them to form one group before taking the category of disability cricket under its wing.
However, there has been no concrete progress in this for the last few years. Former India cricket captain, Ajit Wadekar, who is president of the AICAPC, has promised to start the process of including the physically challenged cricket associations under the BCCI.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines April 12, 2019 IPL 2019- CSK beats RR
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News