Free pick up & drop-off facility for senior citizens & disabled in Dehradun
March 1, 2018
Government authorities in Dehradun in the state of Uttarakhand have started a free pick up and drop off facility for the elderly and disabled people.
The initiative is called Project Sammaan. Under this, the police will offer the free pick and drop facility once a month, on the last Wednesday.
The decision to choose Wednesday was made so the elderly and disabled people can finish their bank work and other important jobs at the market.
To book the vehicle, call 100 or WhatsApp on 8755721002. On the first day of the program, the traffic police stationed 15 vehicles to transport the elderly and disabled people.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Accessibility April 14, 2019 Accessibility issues reported from across India on first phase of voting
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News