Vishakhapatnam Collectorate to install 2 new lifts for disabled people
The Vishakhapatnam Collectorate is all set to get a much needed accessibility makeover.
Authorities are bringing in changes to the building to make it easier for disabled people to enter and move around. One of the main changes is the construction of two lifts. The lifts will help disabled people as well as senior citizens.
This much needed facility was inaugurated by none other than Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
The lifts were built at a cost of Rs 70 lakh under the central government's Scheme for Implementation of Persons with Disabilities Act (SIPDA).
The Vishakhapatnam Collectorate building is a very old one, dating back to the British era. Authorities are also hoping to make it a tourist attraction. Facilities for providing clean, drinking water and bio-toilets are being planned.
CCTV cameras will be installed at various places across the building to ensure safety. The Vishakhapatnam Collectorate will also get WIFI. The building will be decorated with colorful lights in the evening. A park has been developed inside the building premises. Facts about the Vishakhapatnam Collectorate, its origin and stories behind it, will be placed in different parts of the building.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Parasports November 16, 2018 Help blind athletes achieve their best by funding sighted guides, says blind Paralympian Ankur Dhama
- Accessibility November 19, 2018 #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Samsung to launch smartphone with four rear cameras in India this month
- Parasports November 20, 2018 Jharkhand girls stand tall despite loss in first inter-state women’s blind cricket tournament
- Accessibility November 15, 2018 Lack of clarity on revised admission norms leaves disabled students & parents groping in the dark
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 17, 2018