Vishakhapatnam Collectorate to install 2 new lifts for disabled people
March 1, 2018
The Vishakhapatnam Collectorate is all set to get a much needed accessibility makeover.
Authorities are bringing in changes to the building to make it easier for disabled people to enter and move around. One of the main changes is the construction of two lifts. The lifts will help disabled people as well as senior citizens.
This much needed facility was inaugurated by none other than Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu.
The lifts were built at a cost of Rs 70 lakh under the central government's Scheme for Implementation of Persons with Disabilities Act (SIPDA).
The Vishakhapatnam Collectorate building is a very old one, dating back to the British era. Authorities are also hoping to make it a tourist attraction. Facilities for providing clean, drinking water and bio-toilets are being planned.
CCTV cameras will be installed at various places across the building to ensure safety. The Vishakhapatnam Collectorate will also get WIFI. The building will be decorated with colorful lights in the evening. A park has been developed inside the building premises. Facts about the Vishakhapatnam Collectorate, its origin and stories behind it, will be placed in different parts of the building.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 17, 2019 Notre Dame cathedral in Paris catches fire
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Headlines April 15, 2019 Elections 2019 - Shatrughan Sinha wants to fight PM Modi
- Get-hooked April 18, 2019 Tips to manage learning disabilities in adults
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News