Disabled students can use laptops in board exams, says CBSE
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has approved the use of laptops by disabled students appearing for class 10 and class 12 board exams this year.
The CBSE has issued a set of guidelines regarding this concession in its latest order.
To avail the option, disabled students will have to submit a certificate, issued by a registered medical practitioner or qualified psychological consultant.
These health experts will specify why a particular disabled student needs to use a laptop for the board exams.
The facility will be given to those under the Candidates With Special Needs (CWSN) category from this year.
The disabled students will be allowed to use the laptops for:
• Typing answers
• Viewing questions in bigger font size
• Listening to the questions
Candidates will bring their own laptops which will be formatted and carry no data.
The Centre Superintendent (CS) will allow the use of the laptops only after inspection by a computer teacher.
Another order issued by the CBSE now provides for a relaxation in attendance of up to 50% for students with disabilities.
This will be a huge relief for many special needs students, who may not be able to attend school regularly due to medical reasons.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
October 20, 2018
- Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
October 18, 2018
- Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
October 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Technology October 17, 2018 Regional language dyslexia screening tool, DALI, now available as an app
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Kerala shutdowns after Sabarimala protests intensifies
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Get-hooked October 16, 2018 Dating a person with autism? Here are some things to keep in mind
- Get-hooked October 15, 2018 Supreme Court raps Haryana government for denying disabled students' MBBS admission
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 This Bengaluru NGO looks to nature to improve the wellbeing of disabled kids
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh will now be known as Prayagraj
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Leprosy Cured persons
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education October 20, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News