PlexTalk device is helping blind students in Gujarat prepare for board exams better
With the exam season coming closer, blind and low vision students of Class 10 in Surat in Gujarat are turning to PlexTalk for help. This is a device that has been developed especially for blind students.
PlexTalk is a device that works on audio principles. It reads out audiobooks to blind and low vision students. This helps reduce the large amounts of time they spend on preparing for exams.
PlexTalk also has pre-installed audiobooks. Blind students say the device is helping them in a big way in preparing for the exams. They feel more confident about doing well in their papers.
Students say that preparations have become easier with PlexTalk. They can listen to the audiobooks at any time, or even record an entire book.
PlexTalk has an extensive storage capacity. This means blind and low vision students can save many books at the same time, without running out of storage space.
The device comes with a 16 to 32 GB internal memory. It also has a provision for an external memory card to be installed for superior memory capacity.
PlexTalk reads books in both Hindi and English.
Watch in Sign Language
- Make classrooms friendly for children with ADHD
November 15, 2018
- Understanding the Learning Disability - Dyslexia
November 14, 2018
- MBBS entrance exam brochure makes no mention of modified rules for disabled candidates
November 2, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Congress fields Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot in Rajasthan, no clarity on who will be CM
- Get-hooked November 9, 2018 Arunima Sinha, first female amputee to climb Mount Everest, gets honorary doctorate in the UK
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
- Technology November 13, 2018 Engineering student develops app called Myability that speaks out typed text
- Get-hooked November 10, 2018 Abhaya Care Foundation lends a helping hand to children with disabilities
- Headlines November 11, 2018 Deepika & Ranveer leave for Italy for wedding next week
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Supreme Court to hear review petitions for Sabarimala issue on 22 January
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Actor Akshay Kumar says he never met self-styled god man Ram Rahim
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked November 10, 2018