PlexTalk device is helping blind students in Gujarat prepare for board exams better
With the exam season coming closer, blind and low vision students of Class 10 in Surat in Gujarat are turning to PlexTalk for help. This is a device that has been developed especially for blind students.
PlexTalk is a device that works on audio principles. It reads out audiobooks to blind and low vision students. This helps reduce the large amounts of time they spend on preparing for exams.
PlexTalk also has pre-installed audiobooks. Blind students say the device is helping them in a big way in preparing for the exams. They feel more confident about doing well in their papers.
Students say that preparations have become easier with PlexTalk. They can listen to the audiobooks at any time, or even record an entire book.
PlexTalk has an extensive storage capacity. This means blind and low vision students can save many books at the same time, without running out of storage space.
The device comes with a 16 to 32 GB internal memory. It also has a provision for an external memory card to be installed for superior memory capacity.
PlexTalk reads books in both Hindi and English.
Watch in Sign Language
- Home schooling now an option for children with disabilities in Maharashtra
January 16, 2019
- Some tips for teaching children with Down syndrome
January 11, 2019
- Madhya Pradesh gesture to promote inclusion gets a thumbs up
January 9, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Teen prodigy Satvik Sharma expresses himself through incredible works of art
- Headlines January 21, 2019 Senior BJP leader makes offensive remarks about Mayawati
- Get-hooked January 17, 2019 Benefit Cosmetics' move to feature model with Down syndrome as ambassador gets a big thumbs up
- Headlines January 20, 2019 Kerala government claims 51 women entered Sabarimala since last September
- Events January 20, 2019 Deaf Awareness India- Guests Lecture
- Accessibility January 22, 2019 From ground up to policy level, Multiple Sclerosis Society of India speaks for patients India-wide
- Get-hooked January 19, 2019 Awareness to access, Cure SMA India speaks up for kids with spinal muscular atrophy
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Reach Out camps are enabling disabled people to experience the magic of yoga
- Headlines January 16, 2019 India beats Australia by 6 wickets in second ODI
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education January 11, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News