PlexTalk device is helping blind students in Gujarat prepare for board exams better
March 2, 2018
With the exam season coming closer, blind and low vision students of Class 10 in Surat in Gujarat are turning to PlexTalk for help. This is a device that has been developed especially for blind students.
PlexTalk is a device that works on audio principles. It reads out audiobooks to blind and low vision students. This helps reduce the large amounts of time they spend on preparing for exams.
PlexTalk also has pre-installed audiobooks. Blind students say the device is helping them in a big way in preparing for the exams. They feel more confident about doing well in their papers.
Students say that preparations have become easier with PlexTalk. They can listen to the audiobooks at any time, or even record an entire book.
PlexTalk has an extensive storage capacity. This means blind and low vision students can save many books at the same time, without running out of storage space.
The device comes with a 16 to 32 GB internal memory. It also has a provision for an external memory card to be installed for superior memory capacity.
PlexTalk reads books in both Hindi and English.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Chennai tourist attraction, Elliot’s beach, set to become wheelchair accessible
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Accessibility March 22, 2019 Kochi Muziris Biennale introduces Braille texts, becomes torch-bearers for inclusive art festivals
- Get-hooked March 20, 2019 Madras High Court increases aid for disabled people under assistance scheme by 25%
- Events March 20, 2019 Run 4 Autism Marathon- More details to come
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 A unique session on STEM education for blind students
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 National award winner, dancer & sportsman, all-rounder Akshay inspires youngsters
- Headlines March 21, 2019 Nirav Modi arrested in London
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Headlines March 24, 2019 PM Modi wishes Imran Khan on Pakistan’s National Day
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News