PlexTalk device is helping blind students in Gujarat prepare for board exams better
March 2, 2018
With the exam season coming closer, blind and low vision students of Class 10 in Surat in Gujarat are turning to PlexTalk for help. This is a device that has been developed especially for blind students.
PlexTalk is a device that works on audio principles. It reads out audiobooks to blind and low vision students. This helps reduce the large amounts of time they spend on preparing for exams.
PlexTalk also has pre-installed audiobooks. Blind students say the device is helping them in a big way in preparing for the exams. They feel more confident about doing well in their papers.
Students say that preparations have become easier with PlexTalk. They can listen to the audiobooks at any time, or even record an entire book.
PlexTalk has an extensive storage capacity. This means blind and low vision students can save many books at the same time, without running out of storage space.
The device comes with a 16 to 32 GB internal memory. It also has a provision for an external memory card to be installed for superior memory capacity.
PlexTalk reads books in both Hindi and English.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 Understanding Chronic Pain
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Headlines May 25, 2019 Bollywood actors hail PM Modi for historic win
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Urmi Foundation helps disabled kids from poor communities get access to education
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Sensex witness steep high after exit poll results
- Get-hooked May 25, 2019 Some tips for making travel comfortable when you have a child with Down syndrome
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 Stay cool this summer, some tips for wheelchair users
- Education May 23, 2019 Hyderabad schools strictly warned not to deny admission to children with disabilities
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News