PlexTalk device is helping blind students in Gujarat prepare for board exams better
March 2, 2018
With the exam season coming closer, blind and low vision students of Class 10 in Surat in Gujarat are turning to PlexTalk for help. This is a device that has been developed especially for blind students.
PlexTalk is a device that works on audio principles. It reads out audiobooks to blind and low vision students. This helps reduce the large amounts of time they spend on preparing for exams.
PlexTalk also has pre-installed audiobooks. Blind students say the device is helping them in a big way in preparing for the exams. They feel more confident about doing well in their papers.
Students say that preparations have become easier with PlexTalk. They can listen to the audiobooks at any time, or even record an entire book.
PlexTalk has an extensive storage capacity. This means blind and low vision students can save many books at the same time, without running out of storage space.
The device comes with a 16 to 32 GB internal memory. It also has a provision for an external memory card to be installed for superior memory capacity.
PlexTalk reads books in both Hindi and English.
Watch in Sign Language
- Delhi Disabilities Commissioner welcomes order setting up of Special Courts to try offences under RPWD Act 2016
August 23, 2019
- Disabled people push for need of accessible & disabled-friendly Indian Railways
August 23, 2019
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 23, 2019 Singer Mika apologizes to nation
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Get-Hooked August 21, 2019 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
- Get-Hooked August 23, 2019 Wheelchair users in Kochi rally together under the banner Kochi Wheelchair Koottayma
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Accessibility August 20, 2019 Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
- Headlines August 22, 2019 Pakistan to seek help of world court on J&K
- Headlines August 21, 2019 Kamal Nath’s nephew arrested for fraud
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News