Adults with autism get trained for jobs on film sets by this British company
An organisation based in the United Kingdom has started a program designed to find jobs on film sets for high-functioning adults with autism.
The name of the program is Reel People. The company behind the program is Lifton Institute for Media Arts & Sciences (LMS). The idea of starting a training program for adults with autism came about after the head of LMS, Jimmy Lifton, noticed their work ethic qualities. He found that they had focus, determination, attention to detail and persistence.
The Reel People program emphasizes socialized teamwork skills. The adults with autism here don't work in isolation like many other traditional training programs. They learn to work as members of a team. They are able to multi-task and are flexible, which is usually difficult for people on the autism spectrum.
Each session is fully hands-on, with trainees working on an extended schedule so they can fix their mistakes and walk away feeling confident.
Reel People offer training in camera, lighting, grip, hair and makeup, visual effects, sound, production management and other back end roles. The program is selective about who it admits. Candidates are interviewed carefully to make sure they have a passion for the entertainment industry and are cut out for it.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Bollywood celebrity manager accused in #MeToo movement attempts suicide
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Parasports October 16, 2018 Aiming for gold in 2020 Paralympics, Asian Para Games gold medalist Ekta Bhyan tells Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Chaarana Centre for Special Needs is a haven for disabled children in Bengaluru
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Get-hooked October 16, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News