Sai Kaustav Dasgupta sets national record for fastest typing speed, proving disability is no barrier
March 2, 2018
Sai Kaustuv Dasgupta proves yet again that disability does not mean the lack of ability.
Dasgupta has set three records in 2018 for the fastest typing speed. This includes the Limca Book of Records, India Book of Records, and the Asia Book of Records for the fastest typing speed.
Dasgupta typed 24 words in one minute. This is a remarkable achievement as he has a 90% disability. He typed using just one finger of his left hand.
Dasgupta has Osteogenesis Imperfecta (Brittle Bone Disease). He has undergone more than 50 fractures. He also has a hearing impairment.
Despite being in a wheelchair, he has turned his disability into his greatest gift. He has won many national and international awards. He is also a graphic designer, singer, composer, and author of the book My Life, My Love, My Dear Swami. The book has been translated into nine Indian languages. His book was much appreciated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who sent him a letter.
As his right hand does not work, Dasgupta does graphic designing using a mouse with one finger of his left hand. He types on a virtual onscreen keyboard.
Dasgupta is also well known as a motivational speaker. His talk on TEDx has inspired millions of people around the world. He wants to motivate disabled people to overcome their challenges. He believes that if he has been able to achieve so much using just one finger, people with disabilities can do much more.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events May 17, 2019 Multiple Sclerosis - Invisible Symptoms
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Headlines May 23, 2019 NaMo all the way, BJP-led alliance returns with thumping majority
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
- Headlines May 24, 2019 Rahul concedes defeat, congratulates PM
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 This Pune-based centre aims to build awareness, fight the stigma around schizophrenia
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News