Some tips for disabled students on using a scribe effectively
March 4, 2018
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) gives many concessions for students who come under the Candidates With Special Needs (CWSN) category.
Among the concessions granted to disabled students taking their board exams is that he or she is entitled to a scribe or an exam writer to write the paper.
Students with disabilities can choose their own scribe or exam writer.
There are some important things to remember if you are a student with a disability and are using a scribe for the first time.
- Make sure you have several practices reading out your answers before the exam. This is to make sure you get used to the idea. This way your attention is focused on answering the question.
- Remember that the scribe is there to write. They are not supposed to engage in the content.
- Practice speaking in well-formed sentences so that your answers are clear.
- Practice framing your answers with someone you don't know well. This is because it is hard to speak formally with family or friends.
- Use old exam questions and practice answering them.
- Keep time limits the same as your actual exam.
- At the exam hall, think about what you want to say before you say it.
- If you get stuck for a word, don't panic. Take a breath and relax. Start your thought again.
- If you lose track of what you were thinking, you can ask the scribe to read back what has been written
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines March 16, 2019 9 people of Indian origin missing in New Zealand mosque attack
- Headlines March 17, 2019 Gun laws to change in New Zealand after terror attack
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 Some tips to help children with learning disabilities
- Get-hooked March 16, 2019 #WonderWoman - Priya Bhargav embodies the warrior spirit in many ways
- Headlines March 18, 2019 Goa CM Manohar Parrikar is no more
- Accessibility March 20, 2019 Global brand IKEA goes accessible, launches 3D printable furniture pieces
- Headlines March 22, 2019 Trailer of biopic PM Narendra Modi gets over one million views
- Headlines March 23, 2019 Jet Airways pilots’ refuse to fly if salaries not cleared by 31 March
- Events March 20, 2019 Musical Puppet play- The Learning Factory
- Get-hooked March 23, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News