Nepal to start trekking trail for the elderly and disabled people at Pokhara!
March 4, 2018
Nepal takes a big step towards making accessible travel a reality! The country will launch it's first trekking trail in Pokhara for people with disabilities and the elderly.
This 1.3-km trail is an attempt to attract the elderly and disabled people to enjoy a trek in the mountains.
The new trail will be launched during a three-day International Conference on Accessible Adventure on 29 March, 2018 at Lake City.
The conference is being organized by International Development Institute, a company based in the United States. More than 100 participants from Nepal, and other parts of the world, will attend.
The head of the Nepal Tourism Board (NTB), Deepak Raj Joshi, has said that disabled people are unable to travel to many parts of the world due to the lack of accessible places. Few tourism sports cater to people with disabilities.
The trekking trail in Pokhara is an attempt to change that. By making it accessible, people can travel regardless of their disability or age.
Studies have confirmed that a large number of disabled people want to travel. Their plans are severely affected due to the lack of accessibility.
Nepal Tourism is trying to change that by making big attractions like its mountains accessible for the elderly and disabled people. So invest in some trekking clothes and get ready for Pokhara!
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines August 14, 2019 Arrest warrant against Congress MP Shashi Tharoor
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Angry reactions to Mika Singh's performance in Karachi
- Education August 12, 2019 Special Educators Forum-India demands separate national education policy for children with disabilities
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
- Headlines August 13, 2019 Indian wins Tri-Nation Under-19s Tournament title
- Events August 14, 2019 Drama for Autism
- Headlines August 17, 2019 Karnataka boy felicitated for bravery
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News