Bhubaneswar, Sambalpur, & Vishakhapatnam railway stations have wheelchair ramps
March 4, 2018
To help passengers with disabilities board trains easily, the East Coast Railway has introduced mobile wheelchair ramps at three main stations. These stations are Bhubaneswar, Sambalpur and Visakhapatnam railway Stations.
The East Coast Railway has designed the ramp. They can be carried easily. The service is free.
Passengers who want to use the wheelchair ramps will have to go to the Wheelchair Section near the office of the Chief Ticket Inspector at these stations.
The East Coast Railway is planning to introduce wheelchair ramps at other important stations soon.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Wheelchair no barrier for a fit & healthy lifestyle, here's why
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Events June 11, 2019 Maximising Progress in Autism
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 14, 2019 PM Modi tells ministers to get to work on time
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News