Former blind chess champion, Dr Charudatta Jadhav, creates internet radio for blind people
March 5, 2018
Dr Charudatta Jadhav, the well known blind chess champion, has started Radio Chess. This is a new internet radio that talks about chess for the blind.
Dr. Jadhav is the first Indian blind chess player to be awarded an international rating in the game of chess. He is also the head of Tata Consultancy Services' Accessibility Centre of Excellence. He established the All India Chess Federation for the Blind (AICFB) in 1997.
Currently, Dr. Jadhav does not take part in any chess competitions. Instead, he is committed to teaching chess to people who are blind and have low vision.
Dr. Jadhav says that the best way to reach a message to people who are blind and have low vision is through the ears. That is why he chose radio as a medium to educate blind users about chess.
Dr Jadhav says there are few chess coaches in India trained in blind chess. Attending coaching camps takes a lot of time and effort as well. That is where Radio Chess comes to the rescue.
Radio Chess emphasizes on lectures and exercises that will be given to blind and low vision chess enthusiasts.
The Radio Chess app can be downloaded from Play Store.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 19, 2019 #BeingMom - Vinayana Khurana's creative side was enhanced by mother Neerja
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 These friends banded together in the aftermath of the Kerala floods to help people with disabilities
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Video of physically disabled Zomato delivery boy wins hearts on social media
- Accessibility May 22, 2019 Accessible Elections in India & lessons for the future
- Get-hooked May 21, 2019 Music knows no boundaries so why barriers at concert venues, ask disabled music lovers
- Headlines May 18, 2019 PM says Congress expects to perform badly
- Get-hooked May 20, 2019 'Follow your heart, not your brain to find success' - Guest column by Neelu Jindal
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News