Five effective ways to cure depression
Depression is one of the most common mental illnesses of our times. It affects both the young and the old.
Despite the large number of people affected, there are very few medicines to treat this illness effectively. Most of them take a long time to have an impact on the person. Some have side effects that are hard to shake off.
The best way to cure depression is to stay healthy, exercise regularly, and have a positive attitude.
Apart from that, here are some tried and tested tips:
- Drink coffee - A small amount of caffeine, found in coffee, does magic to the mind. Even a small amount improves the mood. This is because caffeine releases serotonin, which is a stimulant. But too much is bad too, so stick to a cup or two in a day.
- Eat regular meals - Skipping meals is the most harmful thing that you can do to your body. When you skip meals, it affects your blood sugar levels. This, in turn, affects brain functioning. So, make sure that you eat meals regularly.
- Cut down on alcohol - Alcohol makes a person feel depressed. It is all right to drink a glass of wine or alcohol once in a week. More than that on a regular basis affects the body and the mind.
- Soak in nature – Connect with nature as studies have shown that people who live in densely forested areas are less depressed. Try going for a walk, or meditate amongst trees and greens. This does magic to cure depression.
- Try out lavender oil - Lavender oil has linalool which helps in curing depression. Smelling lavender oil for a couple of hours every week will make you feel good!