New therapy centre opened at Patiala School for Deaf & Blind
March 6, 2018
A new occupational therapy centre has been opened at the Patiala School for Deaf and Blind. The center was opened by the local MP Dharmvira Gandhi. The therapy centre was donated by the MP under the Members of Parliament Local Area Development (MPLAD) scheme.
The school's efforts to help the children here was much praised by the MP. Gandhi also liked the layout of the building.
Pawan Kumar Bansal, secretary of the Society for Welfare of Handicapped, said that children with disabilities needs a lot of care and attention. Many of them are unable to do things on their own at first. This is where a therapy centre comes to the rescue. They can learn to move their muscles better. This will help them do things independently.
Officials of the Society for Welfare of Handicapped in Patiala said that the therapy centre is mainly aimed for children who have multiple disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Don't play too safe with your money, look at ways to invest smartly
- Get-hooked April 13, 2019 Hygiene lessons for children with autism can be made fun, here's how
- Headlines April 12, 2019 First phase of 17th Loka Sabha elections completed
- Accessibility April 12, 2019 Worthy of international medals, but "mentally unsound" to vote – Why this election will elude Asha Kiran home residents
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 "Court order should set a model for others with mental disabilities", says Bengal MBBS aspirant Tathagata Ghosh
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News