New therapy centre opened at Patiala School for Deaf & Blind
March 6, 2018
A new occupational therapy centre has been opened at the Patiala School for Deaf and Blind. The center was opened by the local MP Dharmvira Gandhi. The therapy centre was donated by the MP under the Members of Parliament Local Area Development (MPLAD) scheme.
The school's efforts to help the children here was much praised by the MP. Gandhi also liked the layout of the building.
Pawan Kumar Bansal, secretary of the Society for Welfare of Handicapped, said that children with disabilities needs a lot of care and attention. Many of them are unable to do things on their own at first. This is where a therapy centre comes to the rescue. They can learn to move their muscles better. This will help them do things independently.
Officials of the Society for Welfare of Handicapped in Patiala said that the therapy centre is mainly aimed for children who have multiple disabilities.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility July 11, 2019 Disabled music enthusiasts call adaptive gears the next big thing
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 “Stay positive to beat all odds” - My Take by Jomy John Joseph, disability rights activist
- Get-hooked July 17, 2019 Relief for deaf youth studying at Bengaluru technical training centre
- Parasports July 18, 2019 Dhoni is India’s pride & should stay - India's para cricketers root for the legend
- Get-hooked July 16, 2019 Some tips to help a child with Down syndrome sleep better
- Lifestyle July 17, 2019 No lace sports shoes for kids – Affordable, convenient and takes away the pain!
- Get-hooked July 11, 2019 Rising Flame launches leadership programme for women with disabilities
- Events July 11, 2019 State Level Conference
- Headlines July 14, 2019 Kumaraswamy calls for floor test amid political crisis
- Events July 18, 2019 3rd National wheelchair Rugby Championship 2019
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News