Gujarat NGOs for blind people ensure scribes are prepared for board exams
March 7, 2018
NGOs in Gujarat are making sure that there is no confusion over exam writers or scribes for the board exams this year.
Every precaution is being taken to ensure that blind students are able to take their exams well. There have been instances when exam writers or scribes promise to come, but back out on the day of the exam. This has led to many blind students missing out on taking their exams. In some cases, some blind students have even lost a year.
The Blind People's Association (BPA) is one of Gujarat's oldest organizations. It has 46 students under its wing who are taking the board exams this year. The NGO is in constant touch with the scribes.
Manubhai Chaudhary, Principal of BPA School, has said that his organization has taken the required permissions from parents and schools regarding the exam writers. They are also taking a letter of commitment from the exam writer that he or she will appear for the exam of the blind student without fail.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Events June 13, 2019 Workshop on Trust Deed and Support Circles for Special Needs
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Ride
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Get-hooked June 10, 2019 Budding poet Neerada uses words to shatter notions about autism
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News