Gujarat NGOs for blind people ensure scribes are prepared for board exams
NGOs in Gujarat are making sure that there is no confusion over exam writers or scribes for the board exams this year.
Every precaution is being taken to ensure that blind students are able to take their exams well. There have been instances when exam writers or scribes promise to come, but back out on the day of the exam. This has led to many blind students missing out on taking their exams. In some cases, some blind students have even lost a year.
The Blind People's Association (BPA) is one of Gujarat’s oldest organizations. It has 46 students under its wing who are taking the board exams this year. The NGO is in constant touch with the scribes.
Manubhai Chaudhary, Principal of BPA School, has said that his organization has taken the required permissions from parents and schools regarding the exam writers. They are also taking a letter of commitment from the exam writer that he or she will appear for the exam of the blind student without fail.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 14, 2019 Walkathon for Mental Health Awareness
- Headlines February 14, 2019 Salman Khan’s ‘Bharat’ to have a multi-lingual release
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
- Get-hooked February 15, 2019 Parenting Corner - Autism in girls
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Events February 17, 2019 Meraki – Where Art Exceeds Artists
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News