Rejected by companies, blind engineer from Jaipur starts his own company
Prateek Aggarwal is a software engineer, who is blind.
He has all the right qualifications, but was not able to secure a job. He faced constant rejections.
Prateek was a brilliant student, who topped all his courses. Yet, none of that mattered when he started looking for a job. The fact that he was 100% blind was all that companies noticed.
He faced rejection in job interviews, time and again.
The rejections did not break his spirit. In fact, Prateek decided to start his own company.
His strong will led to the creation of Daedal Technovations. The company provides solutions to clients in more than 50 countries. It employs people on-site and remotely.
Prateek now provides jobs to others as an entrepreneur
He still remembers the several job opportunities he lost out on, just because of his disability. His sharp mind helped him clear written tests and do well at group discussions.
However, when it came to personal interviews with the Human Resources Department, he would always hear a big NO.
He believes that lack of awareness in employers, not the disability, is the main factor that acts as a barrier to employing a disabled person.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 19, 2019 Kerala government launches projects to empower visually impaired people
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 New initiative called iDARE in Goa aims to fight for the rights of disabled people
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Get-hooked February 21, 2019 ‘Punarjani’ gives new lease of life to disabled flood victims in Kerala
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Events February 17, 2019 Skills Development Transition Program
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Technology February 14, 2019 Tobii Dynavox eye tracker is opening new world to little Ganga & others like her
- Headlines February 15, 2019 India vs Australia - Update
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 18, 2019
Get-hooked February 17, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019