Rejected by companies, blind engineer from Jaipur starts his own company
Prateek Aggarwal is a software engineer, who is blind.
He has all the right qualifications, but was not able to secure a job. He faced constant rejections.
Prateek was a brilliant student, who topped all his courses. Yet, none of that mattered when he started looking for a job. The fact that he was 100% blind was all that companies noticed.
He faced rejection in job interviews, time and again.
The rejections did not break his spirit. In fact, Prateek decided to start his own company.
His strong will led to the creation of Daedal Technovations. The company provides solutions to clients in more than 50 countries. It employs people on-site and remotely.
Prateek now provides jobs to others as an entrepreneur
He still remembers the several job opportunities he lost out on, just because of his disability. His sharp mind helped him clear written tests and do well at group discussions.
However, when it came to personal interviews with the Human Resources Department, he would always hear a big NO.
He believes that lack of awareness in employers, not the disability, is the main factor that acts as a barrier to employing a disabled person.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Headlines December 7, 2018 Section 144 extended in Sabarimala till 8 December
- Headlines December 5, 2018 Five people arrested in killing of police officer at Uttar Pradesh
- Get-hooked December 5, 2018 Fun, meaningful ways that World Disability Day was celebrated across India
- Accessibility December 4, 2018 Chennai's iconic Marina Beach turns accessible for two days
- Headlines December 8, 2018 PM Narendra Modi meets UP Chief Minister on Bulandshahr violence
- Accessibility December 7, 2018 Disability Heroes - Prajith Jaipal is out to create a new India, accessible & barrier-free
- Technology December 5, 2018 Assistive technology makes life simpler for children with learning disabilities
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Get-hooked December 6, 2018 Activities that can be fun & stimulating for kids with dyspraxia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News