Rejected by companies, blind engineer from Jaipur starts his own company
March 7, 2018
Prateek Aggarwal is a software engineer, who is blind.
He has all the right qualifications, but was not able to secure a job. He faced constant rejections.
Prateek was a brilliant student, who topped all his courses. Yet, none of that mattered when he started looking for a job. The fact that he was 100% blind was all that companies noticed.
He faced rejection in job interviews, time and again.
The rejections did not break his spirit. In fact, Prateek decided to start his own company.
His strong will led to the creation of Daedal Technovations. The company provides solutions to clients in more than 50 countries. It employs people on-site and remotely.
Prateek now provides jobs to others as an entrepreneur
He still remembers the several job opportunities he lost out on, just because of his disability. His sharp mind helped him clear written tests and do well at group discussions.
However, when it came to personal interviews with the Human Resources Department, he would always hear a big NO.
He believes that lack of awareness in employers, not the disability, is the main factor that acts as a barrier to employing a disabled person.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Church in Ireland cancels invite to priest for comparing kids with autism to animals
- Headlines June 11, 2019 PM says Rahul yet to recover from poll loss
- Events June 11, 2019 Nurturing The Green Week’ 2019 - World Environment day
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Headlines June 13, 2019 PM's 'Mann Ki Baat' resumes on 30 June
- Get-hooked June 16, 2019 Understanding Fibromyalgia
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Parenting Corner- Food Aversion and Autism
- Headlines June 14, 2019 Sania Mirza slams TV ads ahead of India-Pak match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News