Rejected by companies, blind engineer from Jaipur starts his own company
March 7, 2018
Prateek Aggarwal is a software engineer, who is blind.
He has all the right qualifications, but was not able to secure a job. He faced constant rejections.
Prateek was a brilliant student, who topped all his courses. Yet, none of that mattered when he started looking for a job. The fact that he was 100% blind was all that companies noticed.
He faced rejection in job interviews, time and again.
The rejections did not break his spirit. In fact, Prateek decided to start his own company.
His strong will led to the creation of Daedal Technovations. The company provides solutions to clients in more than 50 countries. It employs people on-site and remotely.
Prateek now provides jobs to others as an entrepreneur
He still remembers the several job opportunities he lost out on, just because of his disability. His sharp mind helped him clear written tests and do well at group discussions.
However, when it came to personal interviews with the Human Resources Department, he would always hear a big NO.
He believes that lack of awareness in employers, not the disability, is the main factor that acts as a barrier to employing a disabled person.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 17, 2019 Election Commission's PwD App has a welcome update for visually impaired voters
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Headlines April 17, 2019 IPL 2019 - Rajasthan Royals lose again
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Expectations from the next government of India - My Take by Jasmina Khanna
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News