Blind Cricket Conclave to discuss ways to widen the reach of the game
March 9, 2018
The Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI) and Samarthanam Trust, in partnership with IndusInd Bank, will hold a Blind Cricket Conclave on 9 March 2018 in New Delhi.
The aim of the conclave is to celebrate the many achievements of blind cricket, the success stories, as well as discuss ways to promote the game.
This full day event will look at the transformation the game has brought to the lives of blind cricketers.
At the Blind Cricket Conclave, there will be renowned corporates, sponsors, aspiring cricketers, government bodies, media, and sportspersons present.
Among the topics to be discussed are the birth of CABI, its history, achievements, and future, and the impact of corporate support on sports. There will be well known blind cricketers present as well to discuss playing techniques.
The president of the CABI Mahantesh G.K. said that he hoped the conclave will be a milestone in the history of blind cricket.
I look forward to sharing the blind cricket experiences with all the guests and participants. I am glad that the preparations are going in the right way and I hope to witness an amazing response from all the eminent personalities from various verticals participating - Mahantesh G.K, President, Cricket Association for the Blind in India (CABI)
The Indian team that lifted the 5th ODI Blind Cricket World Cup will also be present at the Conclave.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 23, 2019 Chennai airport's new terminal to show a disabled-friendly, accessible face
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Bethany Society Shillong are champs at the 4th national blind football tournament
- Headlines April 22, 2019 Over 200 dead in Sri Lanka blasts
- Get-hooked April 23, 2019 Delhi-based Coloured Zebra uses theatre for holistic growth
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Accessibility April 22, 2019 Court order paves way for woman without fingerprints to get Aadhaar card
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News