How to make websites accessible for people with disabilities
Most services, products and information are now available on the Internet through websites.
The Internet can play an important role in empowering people with disabilities. However, if the websites are not accessible, they are of no use.
Here are some basic tips to make a website accessible.
Websites should use fonts and colors that can be easily seen by people with visual impairments. Darker words, outlines, and higher contrast on letters, is better for people with low vision.
Zoom option or screen magnification software can also make it possible to make the fonts bigger for users with low vision.
Voiceover features can tell website users about the content. It also makes navigating the website easier.
Head-tracking software can help move the pointer with head movements.
- Options for dictation commands.
Technology is improving very fast, making the world more accessible for people with disabilities.
Website designers can play a major role in promoting inclusion by designing accessible websites.
Watch in Sign Language
- #MeToo moment eludes India's disabled women, Tamil Nadu study reveals extent of invisibility
November 19, 2018
- Iconic film Sholay to be screened with audio description at IFFI 2018
November 18, 2018
- MCI moves towards public consultation on on amendments to disability rules for MBBS students
November 18, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines November 18, 2018 Kerala shutdowns as Sabarimala open for ‘Mandala Kalam’
- Get-hooked November 14, 2018 First ever scientific study establishes the magical link between music & autism
- Headlines November 14, 2018 Prime Minister Modi launches projects over ₹2,400 crore in Varanasi
- Events November 15, 2018 Convention Against Sexual Assaults on Women with Disabilities
- Parasports November 18, 2018 Shekhar Naik Foundation gives hope to aspiring blind cricketers
- Headlines November 16, 2018 South African President to be Republic Day chief guest
- Headlines November 13, 2018 Union Minister Ananth Kumar passes away at age of 59
- Headlines November 16, 2018 School, colleges shut in parts of Tamil Nadu ahead of Cyclone Gaja
- Events November 15, 2018 BGFI's Accessible Tour to Mumbai Dockyard
- Headlines November 15, 2018 Congress fields Ashok Gehlot, Sachin Pilot in Rajasthan, no clarity on who will be CM
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News