How to make websites accessible for people with disabilities
March 10, 2018
Most services, products and information are now available on the Internet through websites.
The Internet can play an important role in empowering people with disabilities. However, if the websites are not accessible, they are of no use.
Here are some basic tips to make a website accessible.
Websites should use fonts and colors that can be easily seen by people with visual impairments. Darker words, outlines, and higher contrast on letters, is better for people with low vision.
Zoom option or screen magnification software can also make it possible to make the fonts bigger for users with low vision.
Voiceover features can tell website users about the content. It also makes navigating the website easier.
Head-tracking software can help move the pointer with head movements.
- Options for dictation commands.
Technology is improving very fast, making the world more accessible for people with disabilities.
Website designers can play a major role in promoting inclusion by designing accessible websites.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Employment June 17, 2019 SAI Bakery offers adults with developmental disabilities space to bond & learn
- Get-hooked June 15, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Events June 20, 2019 Workshop on Behaviour Therapy
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Events June 20, 2019 With This Ability - Comedy and Conversation with Sweta Mantrii
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Headlines June 19, 2019 6 jawans injured in terror strike in Pulwama
- Get-hooked June 17, 2019 These surprise gift boxes by Little Trovebox has people hooked
- Headlines June 16, 2019 Shikhar Dhawan will not be replaced, says Virat
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Pakistan under pressure ahead of India match
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News