How to make websites accessible for people with disabilities
March 10, 2018
Most services, products and information are now available on the Internet through websites.
The Internet can play an important role in empowering people with disabilities. However, if the websites are not accessible, they are of no use.
Here are some basic tips to make a website accessible.
Websites should use fonts and colors that can be easily seen by people with visual impairments. Darker words, outlines, and higher contrast on letters, is better for people with low vision.
Zoom option or screen magnification software can also make it possible to make the fonts bigger for users with low vision.
Voiceover features can tell website users about the content. It also makes navigating the website easier.
Head-tracking software can help move the pointer with head movements.
- Options for dictation commands.
Technology is improving very fast, making the world more accessible for people with disabilities.
Website designers can play a major role in promoting inclusion by designing accessible websites.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
April 21, 2019
- In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
April 20, 2019
- CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
April 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 16, 2019 Inclusive Bowling event in Pune is the perfect weekend treat
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Parasports April 17, 2019 Champ para swimmer Wg Commander Shantanu looks to set a new record, this time in rowing
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Understanding Stimming
- Events April 18, 2019 Climb With ABBF
- Events April 18, 2019 EasterFest
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News