Blind man wins national stand-up comedy championship in Japan
Yutaro Hamada is the winner of Japan’s most popular national stand-up comedy championship. What has really impressed people is that Hamada is blind.
28-year-old Hamada had to get through many rounds to make it to the finals of the comedy championship. He walked away with a cash prize of over Rs 31 lakh.
The comedy show is called 16th R-1 Grand Prix. It was held to choose the funniest solo performer of Japan.
Hamada’s jokes were based on his own experiences in life as a blind person. The jokes made him an instant winner.
The competition was held on a huge scale. Nearly 4,000 people took part in the latest tournament, which is a record.
Hamada is a professional comedian. He works with Yoshimoto Kogyo, which is an entertainment company.
Watch in Sign Language
- Expert cook & entrepreneur - Deeja juggles roles with ease
February 20, 2019
- Know how Serotonin affects your mental health
February 19, 2019
- Here is how caregivers can avoid being burned out
February 19, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events February 17, 2019 Mumbai Memory Cafe- Session 3
- Accessibility February 20, 2019 63 government websites now accessible for disabled people, claims Centre. Not enough, says experts
- Get-hooked February 17, 2019 Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
- Events February 17, 2019 National Conference on Assistive Technology for All 2030
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Ticket prices reduced for India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 20, 2019 Army kills 3 JeM terrorists in Pulwama
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Get-hooked February 20, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 14, 2019