This NGO in Kerala is helping disabled children realize their potential
Dream of Us is an NGO based in Kozhikode in Kerala. The NGO works specifically for the welfare of children with disabilities.
The NGO aims to help disabled children find a place for themselves in mainstream society.
One of the ways it does this is by showcasing their talents in art.
In December 2017, 22 artists from this NGO displayed their work at a seven-day exhibition in the city. All the paintings were sold out. The exhibition was a big success.
Dream of Us also provides training in communication to children who are deaf and hard of hearing.
Another major aspect of their work is educating parents' about the needs of disabled children.
Next on the agenda is a nature camp for hearing and speech impaired children at the end of March.
The camp will be held at Guruvayurappan College in Kozhikode.
The camp aims to promote inclusion as well as awareness about the environment among the children.
Watch in Sign Language
- Wheelchair artists in Kerala to stage Chaya, 1st of its kind theatre performance
January 22, 2019
- Workshop on children with ADHD, know more
January 22, 2019
- Some things to not tell a disabled person when you meet online
January 21, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines January 16, 2019 India beats Australia by 6 wickets in second ODI
- Get-hooked January 21, 2019 Parenting Disability: Me as an orthpedically challenged child - Guest Column by Payal Kukreja
- Employment January 22, 2019 At India Business Disability Network launch, industry leaders champion workplace inclusion
- Headlines January 19, 2019 Tight security for women who entered Sabarimala
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Get-hooked January 16, 2019 Buddhi residential school empowers children with Down syndrome in Bengaluru
- Headlines January 18, 2019 India to face Australia in ODI final today
- Get-hooked January 18, 2019 Sports are ideal for children with autism. Here is how.
- Accessibility January 22, 2019 From ground up to policy level, Multiple Sclerosis Society of India speaks for patients India-wide
- Headlines January 19, 2019 India wins one day series in Australia
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News