This NGO in Kerala is helping disabled children realize their potential
March 9, 2018
Dream of Us is an NGO based in Kozhikode in Kerala. The NGO works specifically for the welfare of children with disabilities.
The NGO aims to help disabled children find a place for themselves in mainstream society.
One of the ways it does this is by showcasing their talents in art.
In December 2017, 22 artists from this NGO displayed their work at a seven-day exhibition in the city. All the paintings were sold out. The exhibition was a big success.
Dream of Us also provides training in communication to children who are deaf and hard of hearing.
Another major aspect of their work is educating parents' about the needs of disabled children.
Next on the agenda is a nature camp for hearing and speech impaired children at the end of March.
The camp will be held at Guruvayurappan College in Kozhikode.
The camp aims to promote inclusion as well as awareness about the environment among the children.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked May 18, 2019 CRPF jawan & Pulwama attack survivor feeds disabled boy in Kashmir, wins hearts
- Headlines May 24, 2019 World leaders congratulate PM Modi
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Pune centre builds awareness, stands up to the stigma around schizophrenia
- Parasports May 20, 2019 Passion for sports keeps Amresh's spirits up through the worst of times
- Get-hooked May 22, 2019 Experts claim music therapy helps enhance critical skills in children with autism
- Headlines May 21, 2019 Athlete Dutee Chand faces family expulsion for saying she is gay
- Get-hooked May 24, 2019 Para athlete Javed Choudhari to dance up a storm on reality show Dance Deewane
- Headlines May 19, 2019 Seventh & final phase of voting in general elections today
- Technology May 23, 2019 #TechThursdays - Augmenta11y, an app developed by students, helps children with dyslexia read better
- Accessibility May 23, 2019 Curated tours, sign language interpreters planned in Kerala as part of Barrier Free Tourism project
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News