This NGO in Kerala is helping disabled children realize their potential
March 9, 2018
Dream of Us is an NGO based in Kozhikode in Kerala. The NGO works specifically for the welfare of children with disabilities.
The NGO aims to help disabled children find a place for themselves in mainstream society.
One of the ways it does this is by showcasing their talents in art.
In December 2017, 22 artists from this NGO displayed their work at a seven-day exhibition in the city. All the paintings were sold out. The exhibition was a big success.
Dream of Us also provides training in communication to children who are deaf and hard of hearing.
Another major aspect of their work is educating parents' about the needs of disabled children.
Next on the agenda is a nature camp for hearing and speech impaired children at the end of March.
The camp will be held at Guruvayurappan College in Kozhikode.
The camp aims to promote inclusion as well as awareness about the environment among the children.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility March 21, 2019 A tactile toolkit that explains what periods are all about to girls with vision & hearing disabilities
- Accessibility March 19, 2019 Rising Star Tours & Travels is helping visually impaired people experience the magic of new places
- Headlines March 23, 2019 At least 47 killed, over 600 injured in explosion in China
- Events March 20, 2019 On The Path To Success - My Journey With My Child
- Get-hooked March 22, 2019 National award winner, dancer & sportsman, all-rounder Akshay inspires youngsters
- Headlines March 25, 2019 111 farmers to contest elections against PM Modi
- Events March 20, 2019 Session by Smrithy Rajesh
- Headlines March 19, 2019 Parikkar given state funeral with military honours
- Get-hooked March 21, 2019 #WonderWoman - Ketna Mehta is giving people with disabilities wings to fly
- Accessibility March 25, 2019 PGIMER Chandigarh agrees to implement RPWD Act in 2019 prospectus for postgraduate medical students
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News