This NGO in Kerala is helping disabled children realize their potential
March 9, 2018
Dream of Us is an NGO based in Kozhikode in Kerala. The NGO works specifically for the welfare of children with disabilities.
The NGO aims to help disabled children find a place for themselves in mainstream society.
One of the ways it does this is by showcasing their talents in art.
In December 2017, 22 artists from this NGO displayed their work at a seven-day exhibition in the city. All the paintings were sold out. The exhibition was a big success.
Dream of Us also provides training in communication to children who are deaf and hard of hearing.
Another major aspect of their work is educating parents' about the needs of disabled children.
Next on the agenda is a nature camp for hearing and speech impaired children at the end of March.
The camp will be held at Guruvayurappan College in Kozhikode.
The camp aims to promote inclusion as well as awareness about the environment among the children.
Watch in Sign Language
- Kerala youth gets electric wheelchair from donor, but stuck indoors due to poor road conditions
August 22, 2019
- 14 year old Joel Biju has overcome a disability to finish over 1000 paintings in one year
August 21, 2019
- Ministry advisory on accessible public transport raises more questions
August 20, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events August 21, 2019 GO PLAY - A Parent Education Program
- Headlines August 16, 2019 PM Modi's Independence Day address - Key points
- Technology August 18, 2019 Tech startup Wavio develops device that will help deaf people see sounds
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Trending stories on Newz Hook Aug 9 – Aug 16
- Parasports August 19, 2019 Indian para athletes hold the flag high at 2019 World Para Athletics Grand Prix
- Events August 21, 2019 Ageing with Grace Workshop for Seniors
- Technology August 20, 2019 New robots to assist sportspersons at 2020 Tokyo Paralympics
- Get-Hooked August 17, 2019 Alleged sexual harassment of child with autism in Kerala highlights need for tougher rules
- Headlines August 20, 2019 Primary schools reopen in J&K
- Get-Hooked August 16, 2019 Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats' sensory love notes ease back to school transition for children with autism
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News