Rajasthan High Court pulls up state government for delaying aid to school for deaf kids
March 9, 2018
The Rajasthan High Court has issued notices to the state and district governments asking why funds have not been released to a school for deaf students.
The school, which is called Gandhi Deaf and Dumb Residential Hostel, has not received its grant for the last eight months.
The hostel run by the school has 115 students. This is a part of the Gandhi Deaf Senior Secondary School. The school is run by the NGO Jodhpur Badhir Kalyan Samiti in the city of Jodhpur since 1982.
The state government sanctions Rs 25 lakh for the school every year. This is to provide to students there. But for the last eight months, no money has been released.
School authorities have been collecting money from other social institutions in order to pay for the facilities.
The president of the Jodhpur Badhir Kalyan Samiti said that the government had inspected the hostel premises a few months ago. They found some faults after the inspection. Since then, the grant had stopped. The hostel staff has not received salaries for the last four months.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Anybody Can Paint helps visually impaired people find the artists within
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 #AutismPower - Julia's family feature all through April on popular show Sesame Street
- Get-hooked April 17, 2019 Karnataka candidate Ramanjinappa has an inclusive mission
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Headlines April 15, 2019 World’s largest plane takes off successfully
- Headlines April 21, 2019 IPL 2019 - Royals & Capitals win
- Accessibility April 15, 2019 Swarga Foundation workshop at Coimbatore airport builds sensitivity towards needs of disabled travelers
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News