Rajasthan High Court pulls up state government for delaying aid to school for deaf kids
March 9, 2018
The Rajasthan High Court has issued notices to the state and district governments asking why funds have not been released to a school for deaf students.
The school, which is called Gandhi Deaf and Dumb Residential Hostel, has not received its grant for the last eight months.
The hostel run by the school has 115 students. This is a part of the Gandhi Deaf Senior Secondary School. The school is run by the NGO Jodhpur Badhir Kalyan Samiti in the city of Jodhpur since 1982.
The state government sanctions Rs 25 lakh for the school every year. This is to provide to students there. But for the last eight months, no money has been released.
School authorities have been collecting money from other social institutions in order to pay for the facilities.
The president of the Jodhpur Badhir Kalyan Samiti said that the government had inspected the hostel premises a few months ago. They found some faults after the inspection. Since then, the grant had stopped. The hostel staff has not received salaries for the last four months.
Watch in Sign Language
- #ChangeMakers - An idol to many, Elizabeth Philip keeps inspiring through her relentless work
June 20, 2019
- Parents, special educators group files RTI into status of inclusive education in Kerala
June 19, 2019
- Delhi University clarifies rules regarding disabled certificate validity for admissions
June 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Aussie player Steve Smith praises Virat
- Events June 17, 2019 Miss & Mister Deaf Stars 2019
- Events June 20, 2019 Certificate course in Assistive Technology Solutions
- Headlines June 19, 2019 Encephalitis kills 108 people in Bihar
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Seeking a friend or life partner? Register at this meet up
- Headlines June 19, 2019 6 jawans injured in terror strike in Pulwama
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News