Rajasthan High Court pulls up state government for delaying aid to school for deaf kids
The Rajasthan High Court has issued notices to the state and district governments asking why funds have not been released to a school for deaf students.
The school, which is called Gandhi Deaf and Dumb Residential Hostel, has not received its grant for the last eight months.
The hostel run by the school has 115 students. This is a part of the Gandhi Deaf Senior Secondary School. The school is run by the NGO Jodhpur Badhir Kalyan Samiti in the city of Jodhpur since 1982.
The state government sanctions Rs 25 lakh for the school every year. This is to provide to students there. But for the last eight months, no money has been released.
School authorities have been collecting money from other social institutions in order to pay for the facilities.
The president of the Jodhpur Badhir Kalyan Samiti said that the government had inspected the hostel premises a few months ago. They found some faults after the inspection. Since then, the grant had stopped. The hostel staff has not received salaries for the last four months.
Watch in Sign Language
- Gujarat government launches important initiative towards early screening of learning disabilities
February 7, 2019
- Mumbai's Wilson College's certificate course in disability studies finds widespread support
February 5, 2019
- No clarity on final guidelines for medical entrance test, disabled aspirants still in the dark
January 30, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility February 13, 2019 Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
- Headlines February 11, 2019 ‘Gully Boy’ screened at Berlin Film Festival, gets positive reviews
- Accessibility February 17, 2019 Accessible parking still remains distant dream for people with disabilities
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 Coming national election may be boycotted by Maharashtra's deaf community
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
- Headlines February 17, 2019 India-Australia series - Karthik dropped
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 8, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019