Rajasthan High Court pulls up state government for delaying aid to school for deaf kids
The Rajasthan High Court has issued notices to the state and district governments asking why funds have not been released to a school for deaf students.
The school, which is called Gandhi Deaf and Dumb Residential Hostel, has not received its grant for the last eight months.
The hostel run by the school has 115 students. This is a part of the Gandhi Deaf Senior Secondary School. The school is run by the NGO Jodhpur Badhir Kalyan Samiti in the city of Jodhpur since 1982.
The state government sanctions Rs 25 lakh for the school every year. This is to provide to students there. But for the last eight months, no money has been released.
School authorities have been collecting money from other social institutions in order to pay for the facilities.
The president of the Jodhpur Badhir Kalyan Samiti said that the government had inspected the hostel premises a few months ago. They found some faults after the inspection. Since then, the grant had stopped. The hostel staff has not received salaries for the last four months.
Watch in Sign Language
- Some ways to help kids with autism prepare for exams
October 20, 2018
- Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
October 18, 2018
- Some tips to make classrooms inclusive for children with cerebral palsy
October 16, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines October 19, 2018 Sneakers designed by Virat Kohli launched in India
- Parasports October 23, 2018 Mumbai to host first national throwball & swimming camp this week
- Headlines October 20, 2018 59 people dead as train runs them over in Amritsar
- Parasports October 18, 2018 India beat Sri Lanka to win T20 series
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Tips to handle noise sensitivity in children with autism
- Get-hooked October 23, 2018 Some indoor fun options for children with autism
- Headlines October 17, 2018 Congress loses majority in Goa as 2 MLAs join BJP
- Parasports October 17, 2018 Deepak Malik's century gives India lead against Sri Lanka in Blind Cricket Twenty20 series
- Events October 19, 2018 Knowledge sharing Open Session On Career Planning by BGFI
- Events October 18, 2018 ConneXion
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Education October 20, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News