Ramya Miriyala, the entrepreneur, is dedicated to giving a voice to deaf women
Ramya Miriyala is the Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Deaf Enabled Foundation.
The foundation is working towards empowering people with hearing disabilities, especially women.
Ramya believes that people who are deaf and hard of hearing can live their lives better once they learn how to communicate.
Ramya too is fluent in sign language. She learned it as a child as she has many family members who are deaf.
Deaf women face more challenges when they step out to make a life for themselves.
They find it harder to share their feelings, experiences, and thoughts with everyone because of a communication barrier.
Through the Deaf Enabled Foundation, Ramya is trying to help deaf women realize their potential and strength.
She conducts Women Leadership Talks and special celebrations to help them gain self-confidence.
The foundation also comes to the aid of deaf women who face harassment at the workplace. It helps them by providing sign language interpreters so they can share their experiences.
Watch in Sign Language
- Understanding Rett Syndrome
February 17, 2019
- Wheelchair etiquettes matter. Here is how to follow them.
February 17, 2019
- #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
February 16, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines February 13, 2019 Gambhir, other players react to savage attack on Delhi cricket selector
- Get-hooked February 14, 2019 #LovePossible - What happened when Satendra Singh met his Paro
- Headlines February 14, 2019 CAG report on Rafale deal brings relief to Modi government
- Technology February 11, 2019 Move to promote inclusion or mere gimmick? Disability-themed emojis for 2019 get mixed reviews
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Parasports February 17, 2019 Players prep for the National wheelchair cricket match to begin this March
- Headlines February 13, 2019 17 people killed in fire that broke out at Delhi hotel
- Events February 15, 2019 Lawn Tennis for Visually Impaired
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 12, 2019 Cherish your life with all its unique flaws and blessings- My Take by Sundari Sivasubbu, Author
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked February 9, 2019
Get-hooked February 3, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News