Ramya Miriyala, the entrepreneur, is dedicated to giving a voice to deaf women
March 9, 2018
Ramya Miriyala is the Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Deaf Enabled Foundation.
The foundation is working towards empowering people with hearing disabilities, especially women.
Ramya believes that people who are deaf and hard of hearing can live their lives better once they learn how to communicate.
Ramya too is fluent in sign language. She learned it as a child as she has many family members who are deaf.
Deaf women face more challenges when they step out to make a life for themselves.
They find it harder to share their feelings, experiences, and thoughts with everyone because of a communication barrier.
Through the Deaf Enabled Foundation, Ramya is trying to help deaf women realize their potential and strength.
She conducts Women Leadership Talks and special celebrations to help them gain self-confidence.
The foundation also comes to the aid of deaf women who face harassment at the workplace. It helps them by providing sign language interpreters so they can share their experiences.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Google bans TikTok in India
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Technology April 15, 2019 Low cost foot orthosis among the promising innovations on display at IIT-Bombay's annual device expo
- Get-hooked April 12, 2019 Strong links between diet & signs of autism, say experts
- Headlines April 15, 2019 IPL 2019 RCB wins 1st match
- Accessibility April 13, 2019 Calcutta High Court rules in favour of medical student with mental disorder who was denied admission
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Accessibility April 16, 2019 Voter Helpline in ISL aims to enable deaf voters make an informed choice
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Headlines April 14, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan pays 70 crore tax
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News