Ramya Miriyala, the entrepreneur, is dedicated to giving a voice to deaf women
Ramya Miriyala is the Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Deaf Enabled Foundation.
The foundation is working towards empowering people with hearing disabilities, especially women.
Ramya believes that people who are deaf and hard of hearing can live their lives better once they learn how to communicate.
Ramya too is fluent in sign language. She learned it as a child as she has many family members who are deaf.
Deaf women face more challenges when they step out to make a life for themselves.
They find it harder to share their feelings, experiences, and thoughts with everyone because of a communication barrier.
Through the Deaf Enabled Foundation, Ramya is trying to help deaf women realize their potential and strength.
She conducts Women Leadership Talks and special celebrations to help them gain self-confidence.
The foundation also comes to the aid of deaf women who face harassment at the workplace. It helps them by providing sign language interpreters so they can share their experiences.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Education December 14, 2018 Top medical institute in Chandigarh under scanner for discriminating against disabled candidates
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Kamal Nath will be Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 New study highlights importance of building motor skills in kids with autism
- Headlines December 16, 2018 Three terrorists & seven civilians killed at encounter in Jammu & Kashmir
- Headlines December 9, 2018 Kedarnath movie banned in 7 Uttarakhand districts
- Events December 13, 2018 Thematic Concert on Sufi and Bhakti
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Army jawan arrested in connection with Bulandshahr cop murder
- Accessibility December 11, 2018 The wheelchair has given me wings to fly! - My Take by Dr Divya Singh
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked December 14, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018