Ramya Miriyala, the entrepreneur, is dedicated to giving a voice to deaf women
Ramya Miriyala is the Chief Operating Officer (COO) at Deaf Enabled Foundation.
The foundation is working towards empowering people with hearing disabilities, especially women.
Ramya believes that people who are deaf and hard of hearing can live their lives better once they learn how to communicate.
Ramya too is fluent in sign language. She learned it as a child as she has many family members who are deaf.
Deaf women face more challenges when they step out to make a life for themselves.
They find it harder to share their feelings, experiences, and thoughts with everyone because of a communication barrier.
Through the Deaf Enabled Foundation, Ramya is trying to help deaf women realize their potential and strength.
She conducts Women Leadership Talks and special celebrations to help them gain self-confidence.
The foundation also comes to the aid of deaf women who face harassment at the workplace. It helps them by providing sign language interpreters so they can share their experiences.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Accessibility October 19, 2018 Mumbai bookstore Trilogy is helping to spread the word about Braille
- Technology October 23, 2018 What visually impaired people should look for while buying a phone
- Events October 22, 2018 Tandav 5.0 Volunteer Meetup #2
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Events October 22, 2018 Sixth National Conference on Inclusive Education
- Accessibility October 23, 2018 'Meet' the man who is bringing Hindi & Urdu poetry alive for visually impaired people
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 – Leprosy Cured persons
- Headlines October 22, 2018 Amritsar train tragedy - Organisers go missing, police yet to identify accused
- Accessibility October 22, 2018 Making gardening fun for wheelchair users
- Accessibility October 21, 2018 Wheelchair taxi service Ezy Mov is set to go places
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 19, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News