Say hello to Bat Travels, the agency that wants to make travel fun for blind people!
March 10, 2018
Most tours and travels in India are not geared towards people who are blind. There are also barriers like stigma that blind people face during travels.
Enter Bat Travels, a Mumbai-based tourism company that is trying to change the picture.
Bat Travels is the brainchild of two former advertising professionals and friends, Ritu Sinha and Divya Saxena. Launched in November 2017, the company comes up with tours that are inclusive. They are open for both blind and sighted travelers. Their programs are designed in such a way that they engage all the senses, not just sight.
So far, Bat Travels has organized four trips, including to places like Varanasi and Kamshet. The company founders say that its incredible to see how people bond during these trips.
Many people part exchanging phone numbers. They still keep in touch and look forward to the next trip.
The idea of Bat Travels came to Divya and Ritu during a trip to Europe trip in 2017. They came back to India and found that most trips were designed for sightseeing. They decided to focus on tours that would cater to all the senses, and not just sight.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines April 18, 2019 Voting in second phase of elections today
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 #AutismPower - Arun Prasad inspires young people with autism to live life independently
- Headlines April 20, 2019 IPL 2019 - Bengaluru beat Kolkata
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Events April 18, 2019 Special Summer Camp
- Events April 15, 2019 NALS Adventure Camp
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Road to getting disability certificates filled with barriers for hemophilia patients
- Get-hooked April 21, 2019 Some tips for people with disabilities to stay fit & healthy
- Get-hooked April 22, 2019 A session on managing your own career for people with visual impairments
- Headlines April 16, 2019 IPL 2019 - Mumbai beat Bengaluru
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News