Say hello to Bat Travels, the agency that wants to make travel fun for blind people!
Most tours and travels in India are not geared towards people who are blind. There are also barriers like stigma that blind people face during travels.
Enter Bat Travels, a Mumbai-based tourism company that is trying to change the picture.
Bat Travels is the brainchild of two former advertising professionals and friends, Ritu Sinha and Divya Saxena. Launched in November 2017, the company comes up with tours that are inclusive. They are open for both blind and sighted travelers. Their programs are designed in such a way that they engage all the senses, not just sight.
So far, Bat Travels has organized four trips, including to places like Varanasi and Kamshet. The company founders say that its incredible to see how people bond during these trips.
Many people part exchanging phone numbers. They still keep in touch and look forward to the next trip.
The idea of Bat Travels came to Divya and Ritu during a trip to Europe trip in 2017. They came back to India and found that most trips were designed for sightseeing. They decided to focus on tours that would cater to all the senses, and not just sight.
Watch in Sign Language
- Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
February 15, 2019
- Medical Council of India lets down disabled medical aspirants yet again
February 13, 2019
- Kerala government introduces exclusive courts to handle cases for disabled people
February 13, 2019
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 #LovePossible - How Parvez won Nafisa's hand & heart
- Headlines February 15, 2019 Gully Boy hits theatres
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Modi flags off Vande Bharat Express, India’s fastest train
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Impure alcohol kills 82 in U.P, Uttarakhand
- Headlines February 9, 2019 Rohit Sharma becomes 1st Indian to hit 100 sixes
- Events February 10, 2019 4th All India Deaf Fine And Craft Festival
- Headlines February 16, 2019 Actor Irrfan Khan is awaiting medical reports to start working
- Get-hooked February 16, 2019 The incredibly gifted Piyush Sharma defies all stereotypes regarding disability
- Get-hooked February 10, 2019 Understanding Rare Diseases
- Headlines February 10, 2019 Arun Jaitley back in India after treatment
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Accessibility February 11, 2019
Accessibility February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News