Annual festival of Hans Raj College in Delhi University takes up inclusion as its theme
One of Delhi University's oldest and most well known colleges, Hans Raj College, will hold its annual festival next week.
Called PAHAL, the festival is being organized by the Enabling Unit and Equal Opportunity Cell of Hans Raj College. PAHAL aims to promote an inclusive society, especially for students.
Newz Hook, a media partner of this festival, will bring you stories highlighting the various programs around the theme of inclusion.
Some of the events lined up are a DJ Evening, with a live performance by India's first disabled abled DJ Varun Khullar. There is also an event called Inclusion Day-Out. This is open to anyone who has something to say at the Open Mic and Slam Poetry events.
There is a painting event, where people get to show off their artistic skills. The much looked forward to annual Talent Hunt is back as well. If anyone wants to register, this is the time to act.
One of the main highlights is an event called In Their Shoes. This is a series of activities that encourage participants to use all their senses. The idea is to build sensitization towards the needs of people with disabilities.
The festival is on 13 March and 14 March and will be held at the lawn beside the Old Canteen of Hans Raj College.
The events are open to all people, regardless of sex, age, and disability.
TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE: Pahal '18
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Headlines December 12, 2018 United Kingdom court orders extradition of Vijay Mallya to India
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Employment December 12, 2018 Visual impairment is no barrier to a successful career. Here are some tips
- Headlines December 15, 2018 India vs Australia - Decision to drop Jadeja criticised
- Technology December 10, 2018 Bengaluru meet brings together key stakeholders working on indigenous assistive tech solutions
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018