Annual festival of Hans Raj College in Delhi University takes up inclusion as its theme
March 11, 2018
One of Delhi University's oldest and most well known colleges, Hans Raj College, will hold its annual festival next week.
Called PAHAL, the festival is being organized by the Enabling Unit and Equal Opportunity Cell of Hans Raj College. PAHAL aims to promote an inclusive society, especially for students.
Newz Hook, a media partner of this festival, will bring you stories highlighting the various programs around the theme of inclusion.
Some of the events lined up are a DJ Evening, with a live performance by India's first disabled abled DJ Varun Khullar. There is also an event called Inclusion Day-Out. This is open to anyone who has something to say at the Open Mic and Slam Poetry events.
There is a painting event, where people get to show off their artistic skills. The much looked forward to annual Talent Hunt is back as well. If anyone wants to register, this is the time to act.
One of the main highlights is an event called In Their Shoes. This is a series of activities that encourage participants to use all their senses. The idea is to build sensitization towards the needs of people with disabilities.
The festival is on 13 March and 14 March and will be held at the lawn beside the Old Canteen of Hans Raj College.
The events are open to all people, regardless of sex, age, and disability.
TO REGISTER, CLICK HERE: Pahal '18
Read more on Newz Hook
- Events June 20, 2019 Anxiety Disorders & Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Events June 26, 2019 Music therapy for special needs children
- Get-hooked June 21, 2019 Some effective yoga poses for wheelchair users
- Get-hooked June 24, 2019 Children feel like superheroes in this lovely photoshoot initiative started by American couple
- Headlines June 25, 2019 Jharkhand mob lynching victim dies, five arrested
- Accessibility June 27, 2019 Dehradun pool forced to grant equal access to disabled adults after official intervention
- Headlines June 22, 2019 Narendra Modi celebrates yoga day at Ranchi
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News