Make blind cricket part of cricket board, urges ex-cricketer Bishen Singh Bedi
Former India captain Bishen Singh Bedi has appealed to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to take blind cricket under its fold. The Cricket Association for Blind in India (CABI) is yet to be recognized by the Indian government.
At the IndusInd Bank Blind Cricket Conclave held in New Delhi this week, Bedi called the blind cricketers an inspiration for millions. Speaking on the occasion, he said:
I would expect the BCCI to take CABI under its fold and give all the assistance they require. You all are inspiration for millions. You all have shown that even if you don't have eyesight, you can have vision - Bishen Singh Bedi
The conclave was to celebrate and honor the Blind Indian cricket team, who are champions of the 5th ODI World Cup. Over 80 cricketers from across India were present.
Bedi gave the example of former India captain Tiger Pataudi, who played international cricket after losing an eye in a car accident.
Chetan Chauhan, Minister of Sports and Skill Development in Uttar Pradesh, offered full support to the Indian blind team in providing them jobs.
Former middle-order batsman Ajay Jadeja said that information about blind cricket should reach every section of the society, including schoolgoing children and everyone should experience playing this game.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports February 15, 2019 First ever sound ball tennis workshop in Mumbai for people with visual impairments
- Events February 12, 2019 Empowering for Inclusion Summit 2019
- Headlines February 15, 2019 40 soldiers killed in J&K attack
- Events February 12, 2019 World Women's Day
- Accessibility February 15, 2019 Review petition challenging 50% vision, hearing disability limit for judge's post to be filed next week
- Technology February 17, 2019 Leveraging artificial intelligence for accessibility solutions focus of Microsoft India's Accessibility Summit
- Parasports February 16, 2019 Inclusive tandem-cycling expedition #M2k2019 is back, this time even more scenic & challenging
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Parasports February 12, 2019
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Get-hooked February 7, 2019