Make blind cricket part of cricket board, urges ex-cricketer Bishen Singh Bedi
March 11, 2018
Former India captain Bishen Singh Bedi has appealed to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to take blind cricket under its fold. The Cricket Association for Blind in India (CABI) is yet to be recognized by the Indian government.
At the IndusInd Bank Blind Cricket Conclave held in New Delhi this week, Bedi called the blind cricketers an inspiration for millions. Speaking on the occasion, he said:
I would expect the BCCI to take CABI under its fold and give all the assistance they require. You all are inspiration for millions. You all have shown that even if you don't have eyesight, you can have vision - Bishen Singh Bedi
The conclave was to celebrate and honor the Blind Indian cricket team, who are champions of the 5th ODI World Cup. Over 80 cricketers from across India were present.
Bedi gave the example of former India captain Tiger Pataudi, who played international cricket after losing an eye in a car accident.
Chetan Chauhan, Minister of Sports and Skill Development in Uttar Pradesh, offered full support to the Indian blind team in providing them jobs.
Former middle-order batsman Ajay Jadeja said that information about blind cricket should reach every section of the society, including schoolgoing children and everyone should experience playing this game.
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 #GetMoneywise - Financial planning mistakes parents with disabled children typically make
- Events April 15, 2019 Accessible Bowling
- Events April 15, 2019 Tandem Challenge
- Events April 18, 2019 Playful Parenting for Happier Urban Families
- Accessibility April 18, 2019 Platforms at Coimbatore railway station will now get lifts
- Get-hooked April 15, 2019 What Good Are We? - Guest column by Arun Dua
- Parasports April 17, 2019 London will now host the ninth World Para Swimming Championship
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News