Mary Jenitta, the matchmaker, is helping disabled people find partners
Mary Jenitta from Kottayam in Kerala, loves playing matchmaker! She has come up with something quite different and interesting.
Jenitta has started a matrimonial site to connect people with disabilities. Her aim is to help disabled people find partners for life.
The website www.heavenlycarecharitabletrust.org was founded in February this year, and seems to be attracting a lot of interest!
Jenitta’s idea to start such a site is born from personal experience. As an eight-month-old, she was affected by polio. She now walks with the help of crutches. Jenitta says that people with disabilities find it hard to form relationships.
Jenitta, who is 31 years old, has been fortunate to find love. Her husband, Libin Kurian, is her strongest support in this initiative to connect people with disabilities. Libin has a business in Ayurveda products.
Currently, the website operates from their home in Kottayam. Libin’s employees help her out when she needs.
In the future, the couple plans to offer financial assistance to disabled people, who find it hard to fund for their wedding.
The couple, who are blessed with an eight-month-old baby San Ealaijah, are determined to help disabled people find love and happiness!
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Come 16 December, Bengaluru will host a car rally for awareness on autism
- Headlines December 11, 2018 India celebrates first Test win in Australia in 10 years
- Education December 14, 2018 Sol's Arc is making the world a better place for children with disabilities
- Parasports December 16, 2018 India roots for Arunima Sinha as she sets to scale Antarctica's highest peak
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Get-hooked December 13, 2018 Why is Speech Therapy important? Some information
- Headlines December 10, 2018 Virat gets booed by fans in Australia, 'not done' says former Aussie player
- Headlines December 14, 2018 Isha Ambani & Anand Piramal ties the knot at Ambani’s residence in Mumbai
- Get-hooked December 12, 2018 Abuse at therapy centres in Kerala under scanner again, government promises redressal
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018