Mary Jenitta, the matchmaker, is helping disabled people find partners
Mary Jenitta from Kottayam in Kerala, loves playing matchmaker! She has come up with something quite different and interesting.
Jenitta has started a matrimonial site to connect people with disabilities. Her aim is to help disabled people find partners for life.
The website www.heavenlycarecharitabletrust.org was founded in February this year, and seems to be attracting a lot of interest!
Jenitta’s idea to start such a site is born from personal experience. As an eight-month-old, she was affected by polio. She now walks with the help of crutches. Jenitta says that people with disabilities find it hard to form relationships.
Jenitta, who is 31 years old, has been fortunate to find love. Her husband, Libin Kurian, is her strongest support in this initiative to connect people with disabilities. Libin has a business in Ayurveda products.
Currently, the website operates from their home in Kottayam. Libin’s employees help her out when she needs.
In the future, the couple plans to offer financial assistance to disabled people, who find it hard to fund for their wedding.
The couple, who are blessed with an eight-month-old baby San Ealaijah, are determined to help disabled people find love and happiness!
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Parasports October 18, 2018 Prime Minister Modi meets India's Para Asian Games players
- Education October 18, 2018 Proposal to start sign language exams needs a reality check, say experts
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Priyanka Chopra to marry later this year, most likely in Rajasthan
- Parasports October 23, 2018 Mumbai to host first national throwball & swimming camp this week
- Accessibility October 23, 2018 'Meet' the man who is bringing Hindi & Urdu poetry alive for visually impaired people
- Events October 17, 2018 Inclusive Dandiya Nite
- Headlines October 18, 2018 Armed mobs attack women journalists near Sabrimala temple
- Headlines October 21, 2018 Protests in Sabarimala continues on fourth day
- Get-hooked October 21, 2018 Indian Sign Language gets to wider audience, thanks to GiftAbled Foundation
- Events October 22, 2018 Tandav 5.0 Volunteer Meetup #2
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 17, 2018
Get-hooked October 21, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News