Kerala set to make history, two disabled candidates to be posted as deputy collectors
The government of Kerala is all set to make history. The government is expected to announce the appointment of two disabled candidates to the post of deputy collectors.
Ajesh K, a visually impaired person from Payyannur, and Madhu K, who is mobility impaired, are the two candidates.
As per reports, the Kerala government may issue their posting orders today.
The two will become the first disabled candidates selected for the post of deputy collectors in the state.
This has become possible thorough the intervention of the Kerala Administrative Tribunal. The candidates' too have been fighting for justice since 2014.
Even after clearing the preliminaries, the final exams, and interviews for the posts of deputy collector, the rank list did not have any vacancies for disabled people.
The candidates' had then taken the matter to court.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked October 17, 2018 Check out these reasons to not miss out on Dandiya this Navratri
- Get-hooked October 20, 2018 Trending stories on Newzhook this week!
- Employment October 19, 2018 An informative ‘Career Planning’ session for visually impaired people
- Parasports October 17, 2018 India's para badminton players show their mettle in the Asian Para Games
- Get-hooked October 22, 2018 Children with autism find a ray of hope at Sunshine in Bengaluru
- Get-hooked October 23, 2018 Some indoor fun options for children with autism
- Headlines October 23, 2018 Jio Diwali Dhamaka Offer brings yearlong free calling for just 1699
- Events October 22, 2018 Tandav 5.0 Volunteer Meetup #2
- Headlines October 20, 2018 India take on West Indies in first of 5-match one day match series
- Get-hooked October 19, 2018 Cycling for children with autism, some information
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Get-hooked October 17, 2018
Newz Hook - Accessible News