Kerala set to make history, two disabled candidates to be posted as deputy collectors
March 12, 2018
The government of Kerala is all set to make history. The government is expected to announce the appointment of two disabled candidates to the post of deputy collectors.
Ajesh K, a visually impaired person from Payyannur, and Madhu K, who is mobility impaired, are the two candidates.
As per reports, the Kerala government may issue their posting orders today.
The two will become the first disabled candidates selected for the post of deputy collectors in the state.
This has become possible thorough the intervention of the Kerala Administrative Tribunal. The candidates' too have been fighting for justice since 2014.
Even after clearing the preliminaries, the final exams, and interviews for the posts of deputy collector, the rank list did not have any vacancies for disabled people.
The candidates' had then taken the matter to court.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines June 12, 2019 Supreme Court orders release of arrested journalist
- Headlines June 17, 2019 Bengal doctors reject Mamata Banerjee's plea to call off strike
- Accessibility June 11, 2019 A warrior in the cause of digital accessibility - My Take by Sai Bhagat
- Events June 13, 2019 ABBF Weekend Cycle Ride
- Headlines June 15, 2019 Amitabh Bachchan donates to families of Pulwama martyrs
- Get-hooked June 12, 2019 Providing service with care & compassion is the mantra for Walktors At Home
- Get-hooked June 11, 2019 Abilympics 2019 is an opportunity for disabled people to show their mettle
- Accessibility June 15, 2019 MCI requirement for double certification puts disabled medical aspirants under undue stress
- Get-hooked June 14, 2019 Nominations for 2019 NCPEDP-Mphasis Universal Design Awards are open
- Get-hooked June 18, 2019 Sherin & Neerada’s deep bond of friendship is rooted in understanding & respect
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News