Kerala set to make history, two disabled candidates to be posted as deputy collectors
March 12, 2018
The government of Kerala is all set to make history. The government is expected to announce the appointment of two disabled candidates to the post of deputy collectors.
Ajesh K, a visually impaired person from Payyannur, and Madhu K, who is mobility impaired, are the two candidates.
As per reports, the Kerala government may issue their posting orders today.
The two will become the first disabled candidates selected for the post of deputy collectors in the state.
This has become possible thorough the intervention of the Kerala Administrative Tribunal. The candidates' too have been fighting for justice since 2014.
Even after clearing the preliminaries, the final exams, and interviews for the posts of deputy collector, the rank list did not have any vacancies for disabled people.
The candidates' had then taken the matter to court.
Watch in Sign Language
Read more on Newz Hook
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Some fun things to do in your city this weekend
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 CBSE to allow visual aids in Class 10 exams from 2020 for students with vision impairments
- Accessibility April 19, 2019 Election Commission's accessibility promises ring hollow in second phase of voting
- Get-hooked April 19, 2019 Dialogue in the Dark session at Gujarat National Law University triggers important conversations
- Events April 18, 2019 Planet Autism Art Exhibition
- Events April 16, 2019 Learning Through Play Workshop
- Get-hooked April 20, 2019 Trending stories on NewzHook this week!
- Accessibility April 21, 2019 Kozhikode Collectorate introduces facilities for accessible elections
- Headlines April 16, 2019 Yogi, Mayawati banned by ECI
- Accessibility April 20, 2019 In a first, residents of a mental health centre in Chennai cast their votes. Here's how it happened
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News