Kerala set to make history, two disabled candidates to be posted as deputy collectors
The government of Kerala is all set to make history. The government is expected to announce the appointment of two disabled candidates to the post of deputy collectors.
Ajesh K, a visually impaired person from Payyannur, and Madhu K, who is mobility impaired, are the two candidates.
As per reports, the Kerala government may issue their posting orders today.
The two will become the first disabled candidates selected for the post of deputy collectors in the state.
This has become possible thorough the intervention of the Kerala Administrative Tribunal. The candidates' too have been fighting for justice since 2014.
Even after clearing the preliminaries, the final exams, and interviews for the posts of deputy collector, the rank list did not have any vacancies for disabled people.
The candidates' had then taken the matter to court.
Watch in Sign Language
- Health Problems in children with Autism
December 16, 2018
- Empowerment of disabled women was the focus of cross disability workshops in Kerala
December 16, 2018
- 21 disabilities under RPWD 2016 - Hearing Impairment - Deaf and hard of hearing
December 15, 2018
Read more on Newz Hook
- Headlines December 13, 2018 Congress to form government in MP with Mayawati’s support
- Events December 11, 2018 Annual Party Forum For Autism
- Events December 13, 2018 DRIVE FOR AUTISM - A TSD CAR RALLY
- Accessibility December 9, 2018 Disability rights leader Satendra Singh challenges move to close probe into harassment faced during train travel
- Get-hooked December 11, 2018 Samarthanam's Bengaluru Walkathon highlights inclusion in digital media
- Employment December 15, 2018 Staff from schools for disabled kids protest against government apathy in Kerala
- Headlines December 12, 2018 Shaktikanta Das to succeed Urjit Patel as RBI governor
- Get-hooked December 10, 2018 This Ability - Gift Abled - Inclusiveness - Guest Column by Richa Sharma, Special Educator
- Parasports December 13, 2018 Wheelchair kabaddi set to make its presence felt in India
- Get-hooked December 9, 2018 Stay healthy & fit in a wheelchair. Here's how
Ask your question about any issue related to disability, this is your space to find the answer.
Want to feature your inspiring story or share an event with the disabled community? Write to:
Newz Hook - Accessible News
Employment December 11, 2018