Look out for these silent signs of depression
Depression is very common in today's world. Experts have confirmed that the numbers are only going to rise in the coming years.
Most people who suffer from depression refuse to take medical help. This makes their condition worse. Just like any other illness, depression needs medical attention. Anti-depressants can help, but only to a certain extent.
Here are some signs that you will notice in a person who is experiencing depression:.
- Feeling of worthlessness - People who are depressed blame themselves for everything that has gone wrong in their lives. They think that nothing positive is going to happen. Hence, they keep their emotions to themselves. It is often hard to detect such depressed people because they do not want to come out or speak about their problems.
- Increased anxiety - Anxiety is one of the most common signs. Difficulty in breathing, stomach pains, a feeling of repression are common. This is because depression affects a person, mentally and physically.
- Loss of appetite - A depressed person will stay away from having regular meals. They lose interest in enjoying a good meal. There are chances of their food patterns changing.
- Lack of sleep - It is very hard or impossible for a depressed person to get a good night’s sleep. They will stay awake till late bed and wake up very early. Sleep is supposed to energize a person. But sleep has the opposite effect on a depressed person. It makes them feel more tired.
- Constant feeling of negativity - A depressed person will feel pessimistic and negative about people and events.